Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Beginner November 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire

Dress Delay - Unresponsive Salon Owner

Jennifer, 9 of September of 2022 at 10:20 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
Hello lovely brides & grooms,

I am getting a little worried about my wedding dress. I'll try and be shortSmiley surpriserdered: 23rd December 2021Promised Delivery: May/JuneMy Expectation (because Covid/Supply Chain/etc): July/mid August
Dress was paid in full by now, but still no sign of the dress. I was in touch with the salon owner every few weeks - as texts were usually left unanswered, I followed up with a phone call. Every time I was told 'I'll hear from them next week and give you a call.'She never gave me a call and the new estimate (beginning of September) is bleeding into mid-September now. Called her earlier and call went unanswered. I half accepted that I will have to get a backup dress to get alterations done (I will need them either way).
Am I overreacting?
If not, do I have any rights here? I know wedding dresses have special rules, but I am getting married in 2 months and this lack of communication is just driving me nuts! I don't want to give someone grief or cause trouble, I just want to know what's happening.

6 replies

Latest activity by Alice, 20 of December of 2022 at 08:47
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

It is frustrating and seems a little rude, when they know how stressful planning a wedding is. I would personally go to the shop and speak to then face to face as you only have 2 months, and if you need alterations then it is very tight. Try not to panic, I had a similar issue with mine and when I turned up ready to fight she had it there! In terms of rights, all depends on if you have a contract on your order form that calls out explicit terms for delivery etc. Go and see what they say, if it is not in and they cannot give you a timescale then you may be at a point of asking them to cancel and refund the order, but it may discretionary on their part if you do not have a contract/order. If you do I am happy to have a look at it as I work in contract law so can advise, but your first action has to be going to the shop and seeing what they say. Good Luck

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    You needs to speak to them face to face 2months isent enough time if you need more alterations i find this very rude of them x💗
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with Charlotte and Michelle. I would personally turn up at the boutique and find out what is going on!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Just wondering if you have had any movement, hope you have managed to sort it X

• Jennifer
    Beginner November 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Charlotte,
    thank you so much for offering to help. Glad that it won't be necessary. I just got back from my first fitting at the seamstress's studio.
    So relieved now. Thanks again ❤️

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is fantastic news, I am so pleased for you x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics