Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jen_84
Beginner August 2012

Dress my mum please!

jen_84, 24 February, 2012 at 16:33 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

I know this is more WP, but loads of you on here are good with clothes and 'know' me. My mum needs a mother of the bride outfit that will suit a 60 something woman. She is a size 14, with a bit of a tummy so the style needs to flatter or hide this as she is very conscious of it. Nothing much above knee length and she also wants a jacket/bolero - short or long sleeve. I have no idea about fashion or what suits different people really and am going shopping with her in a few weeks so would like to have somewhere to start. All I know is, the Jacques Vert style dresses do nothing for her.

So, come on, you've got half an hour to kill on a Friday afternoon at work - get shopping!

6 replies

Latest activity by leni-lw!, 25 February, 2012 at 14:41
  • *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

My mum wore a long dress from monsoon with a pashmina wrapped round her shoulders (and a hat).

you can get some nice trouser suits too that are quite feminine.

we got lots of ideas from the very website.

• *libby*
    Beginner June 2011
    *libby* ·
    • Hide content

Also very....

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

How much is she looking to spend?

My mum struggled to find something she liked and ended up spending a small fortune on hers, she does look fab though

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Really only £200 ish. My parents don't have a lot of money and she probably doesn't spend that amount in a year on clothes. I've had a look online at some of the local mother of the bride shops and their outfits seem to range from £600-800 which I know she cannot afford.

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

My mums started to have a look for things that suit her and likes Hobbs and coast at the moment x

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

My mum wore a lovely navy blue dress with apple green jacket from jaques vert and got it at cheshire oaks and was under £350 i think but that included- dress/jacket/shoes/hat and a bag-

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics