Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Oompa-Loompa
Beginner June 2007

Dress opinion - too OTT for a wedding?

Oompa-Loompa, 16 of May of 2009 at 15:25

Posted on Off Topic Posts 56

I tried this dress on today and it looked amazing but my H thinks it is too 'much' (not price) for a wedding. What do you think? www.karenmillen.com/fcp/product/-/Dresses/Concertina-technique-dress/903000052752?page=prod903000052752

I tried this dress on today and it looked amazing but my H thinks it is too 'much' (not price) for a wedding. What do you think?

www.karenmillen.com/fcp/product/-/Dresses/Concertina-technique-dress/903000052752?page=prod903000052752

56 replies

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

That second one is stunning but would be v v v hard to wear without looking upduffed I reckon.

• decibelle
    Beginner
    decibelle ·
    • Hide content

HOW expensive are those dresses?! The last dress I bought for a wedding cost me £25 from Jane Norman. I've worn it 5 times now to weddings ? Got my money's worth from it, I think!

• Monkey   Mavis
    Beginner
    Monkey Mavis ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I saw this dress online last night and thought it was fabulous. I couldn't wear it as I have rubbish legs. If it made you feel fabulous then I say go for it.

I agree that when you see it on the model it does look better that than the image.

DO IT!!!!

• Missus Jolly
    Beginner October 2004
    Missus Jolly ·
    • Hide content

I really like it ?

• T
    Tanta ·
    • Hide content

It looks lovely but what happens when you sit down?

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

I like the concertina dress a lot, having seen it on the model. I don't think it's too much (unless the wedding is really casual).

https://www.karenmillen.com/womens/dresses I quite like this too.

• francesca
    Beginner August 2013
    francesca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's gorgeous.

I love the concertina dress too. If I had the legs for it I'd wear it everywhere!

• Fenella Fudge
    Beginner June 2008
    Fenella Fudge ·
    • Hide content

I really like the concertina dress. I dont think its too much or ott. You'll look fab!

We went to a wedding recently where one of the guests looked very stylish, wearing a Vivienne Westwood dress very similar to that Kelly Ewing one and she looked fab!

I really like the corsage one too.

• Oompa-Loompa
    Beginner June 2007
    Oompa-Loompa ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the other replies - I am going to go back and try it on with shoes, wrap, fascinator etc and see how it looks. It really did work with my figure and I felt fab in it,

Knownowt - I tried that one on too, it was gorgeous but I had the same problem of not being able to squeeze my boobs into it!

I am so having a reduction and lift once I've finished having babies!!

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

O-L .. from my recent wedding outfit dilemma and shopping, I'd say go for what makes you feel great. If you've got the figure and confidence to pull it off, then why not? I wasn't as keen on the picture you posted, but on the model the dress looks stunning.

Go for it ?

• WifeyLind
    Beginner April 2006
    WifeyLind ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WPS.

• Flump
    Expert January 2012
    Flump ·
    • Hide content

Wow it's a fab dress, I love it! I wouldn't wear it cos I'd be too uncomfortable with the 'look at me' message it would send out, but if you're cool with that, go for it! Not sure I'd add a fascinator (ok maybe a really unfussy one) and lots of accessories as well though, would want the dress to speak for itself.

I had to PMSL at a wedding recently, a girl had a headdress full of about 10 orange butterflies sticking up at all angles - just completely odd!

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content

[practical head on]how on earth would you iron the concertina dress?[/practical head on]

• francesca
    Beginner August 2013
    francesca ·
    • Hide content

I imagine it's dry clean only? I let them sort it out.

(I'm not the best person to ask about ironing though, i don't do any!)

• clair_de_lune
    Beginner
    clair_de_lune ·
    • Hide content

I love the concertina dress, it's fabulous. If you have the legs and the confidence you'll look stunning. I looked at no 2 myself, I'm nowhere near concertina league ?

• WIseMonkey
    WIseMonkey ·
    • Hide content

Wow it's an amazing dress. I'm surprised it only cost that much tbh, the amount of work it must take to make it.

• Oompa-Loompa
    Beginner June 2007
    Oompa-Loompa ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the comments - it sounds like more of you like it now! I'll let you know what decide when I go and try it on again.

The only other thing im worried about is how creased up the back will be after sitting down for the wedding breakfast / ceremony etc.

• S
    Beginner June 2008
    shooting star ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for the first consertina dress. Beautiful and not to OTT for a wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics