Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
VIP July 2024 Cheshire

Dress ruined

Michelle, 1 of October of 2021 at 15:58 Posted on Planning 0 18
Oh well i have 2 years to decide on a new dtess x I caught my dress bag in my wardrobe runner thought my dress was okay but it ripped it from bottom to under the boobs wasnt my dream dress but was exactly the same shape as the dream dress was now im thinking shall i save up for my dream dress just not sure as only 5 at my wedding is it silly to spend more on a dress that is only going to be seen by my partner and three kids It not worth paying for it to be fixed because it would probably cost more than what i payed for the dressxx HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO xx

18 replies

Latest activity by Cubit, 11 of November of 2021 at 12:00
  • S
    West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Go with your gut! even if it's small, its a big day for YOU.
    I bought a wedding dress I instantly regretted it's so not me - so I put it up for sale and bought a second. https://www.stillwhite.com/215789-elite-bridal

My second is plain and floaty but midi length. The postman took a photo instead of signing for the package (because covid) and sent the picture so my other half....I was trying on my dress at the time! Couldn't make it up!

To me it just didn't feel special at all anymore, but it was a high-street dress and much cheaper. I've decided (in secret) im going to dye it so I can keep it and wear it elsewhere, but buy another dress (again similar very low cost due to being high-street and plain, much more my style) and then I'll have my special dress.

It sounds silly but i feel sooo much better this way. If you can't relax about it then buy the new dress, or get the repair! You can get second hand dresses, or even unworn dress regret dresses, or even lovely high-street ones that dont break the bank. Can a local seamstress buy your current dress for fabric use to make some money back?

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I remember you posting about it so you got another one glad you sorted it .Do you think its worth spending the extra for the amount of people i have
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry your getting another one at least you get to keep the original so happy you found a way around it x💗
  • S
    West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For me, I thought it was worth it as I was agonising about it for days before posting, and then, still was even after all the lovely encouragement. I like the dress, but it doesn't feel special to me anymore, my fiance see's me in all my clothes all the time and they don't feel special enough to walk down the aisle.

If it's the only dress you think about it's worth it if you're not putting yourself out for it.

You still have time, are there other dresses similar to your dream dress you could try? So you can save money if you feel you have to? what kind of style was it?

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will post the both of them but the model isent me
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Dress ruined 1
    This one is the dress i got atcunder £200
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Dress ruined 2
    This is my dteam dress at £1900 around what do you think x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I keep on putting t instead of r in dream
  • S
    West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are so lovely! Smiley heart
    There are sites where you can get similar dresses - places like jjs house if you've heard of it?
    They even have picture reviews from customers of the dresses so you can see them in real life before buying. It would be cheaper than the Maggie Sottero gown if cost was a big factor to you.
    Most are made in china - I know that can be a big red flag, but I do have a bridesmaid dress from there for my friends wedding that she picked, and it s actually lovely! the sizing is good and its well made. But because of the image reviews you can tell which ones are good and which arent.

Do you know when the latest you could buy the dress would be? Is it a realistic timeline for you to save £1900 in the time? If not it may be a good idea to look around at similar shapes? ASOS tend to also have a good selection of wedding dresses, plus they are quick delivery and returns! so there's no commitment with them xx

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks i have had a look at jjs house but they are the only two out of 100000s of dresses that have caught my eye i am so picky dont do dresses as it is so for me to find two that i liked was a shock i can afford it but it was just shall i pay the extra the cheap dress i got i found out a few days ago is also actual maggie sottero but not sure why hebeos had it at this price
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Dress ruined 3
    See what i mean about my dress is the same but from hebeos at the small amount but its still maggie sottero or am i imagining it
  • L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    That's a beautiful dress. I decided I wanted a Maggie Sottero before trying any dresses and I wasn't disappointed. I've gone for a similar cut to your dream dress and I love it. The gowns are so feminine, fit beautifully and lovely quality. Like you, we're having a small wedding (11 guests) and I questioned whether or not I wanted the big white dress and veil (with price tag that goes with it) but came to the conclusion it's still our special day, regardless of how many people will see the dress so took the plunge. I collected my dress last weekend and have absolutely no regrets.

I think go with whatever makes you feel happy and that you're comfortable with. Perhaps see if you can find the gown anywhere to try it on? Your gut will maybe make the decision for you. I'd also suggest looking on stillwhite. There are loads of unaltered unworn gowns (due to Covid postponements) and boutique samples on there so you might be able to get a brand new gown at a lower price.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks will try there see if i can find one like them can i ask was the dress what you imagined after seeing the picture and did you try on in a bridal shop also x💗
  • L
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'd spent so long looking at photos of two dresses in particular that they seemed so familiar. Both were lovely and photos just didn't do either justice but one was so much better than imagined when I could see and feel the details up close. I bought mine in a bridal shop - the Maggie Sottero website tells you which shops nearby stock specific dresses so you can hopefully find one close by to try.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi louise thanks i have already done this when i first start looking before i got the one i wanted But never bothered think thats it time to book an appointment at a bridal shop
  • L
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lots of luck. Hopefully it's all you imagine. Enjoy ☺️
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks got 3 places to choose from so will need to check when i can get get to them x Good luck with your planning x💗
  • C
    Beginner November 2021 Pakistan
    Cubit ·
    • Hide content

Ladies suit will never be as comfortable as sweatpants… but it’s definitely much more stylish.

ladies suit is a happy medium between comfort and style.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics