Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2023 South East London

Dress shopping

Scovia, 12 of June of 2022 at 00:25 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 27

Hi, I am getting married july 2023 and i am not sure when to start looking for a dress?

27 replies

Latest activity by NikoleB, 17 of January of 2023 at 11:06
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    I’m a July 2023 bride and went shopping in late May and found my dress in the first shop! I would start now as most places told me it was a 6-9 month wait for dresses to be made and delivered, and then you will need time for fittings and alterations
  • C
    Curious October 2023 Bristol
    Clare ·
    • Hide content
    Yeah most things state 9-12 months before the wedding but it really depends on your circumstances. I want to lose weight before my wedding so I'm going to leave it a bit later than that. I intend to go into a Wed2B shop due to their collection size, as not clue what will suit me but also as you can walk away same day with a dress.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would start now, as some shops can take 9-12 months to order in. also is a good time as they styles now will be the right season for you next year

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Im july 2023 already got my dress now is a good time so you have time to order and get it altered if it needs it x💗
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I am June 2023 and I ordered by dress at the beginning of May this year. Like others said Bridal shops are giving a 6month - 10 month wait for dresses to be ordered in. Mine wont arrive until March 2023 and then I will need to get alterations done.

I would suggest you start dress shopping now, especially if you are planning on ordering a dress from a bridal shop.

• S
    Scovia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, i will be starting that now. Thank you
  • S
    Scovia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m doing most of the planning myself, not a lot of help from anyone so I’m not sure what to do and when to do it. Thank you I will start looking now
  • S
    Scovia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok brilliant thank you
  • S
    Scovia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok, thank you
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem hope you find the 👗 of your dreams good luck with it all x💗
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    I'm an October 2023 bride and I ordered mine today 👀🤣 x
  • Lisab
    Curious October 2022 Hampshire
    Lisab ·
    • Hide content
    I get married in October this year and got my dress in April. I think an absolute minimum of 6 months before and that maybe I left it a little late, but depends on the individual bridal shop and whether you are buying off the rack and need alterations etc (most will require these and at least 2 fittings I believe). My dress is due to arrive in July so worked out okay, but the earlier the better so it’s all sorted and you can take your time finding your perfect dress! Happy wedding dress shopping! ☺️
  • Bethan
    Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire
    Bethan ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married July 2023 & I didn't realise that you need to be so prepared for a wedding dress either. I only read the other day that you should start looking & aim to say 'yes' at least 12 months before the wedding 🙈
    I'm going to have to have a lot of alternations too, as I'm an awkward size & are struggling to find somewhere were I can look for a dress!

• Emily
    Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married in August 23 and just brought my dress. The shop said about 9/12 months with the current climate!
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    I got engaged in February, was supposed to be getting married Feb 2023 so I went looking for dresses in April, got told by the lady in the shop that it’s far too early to be looking for dresses so didn’t try any on, since then we’ve had to postpone till October 2023 so I think I’ll be looking for dresses maybe January next year! Although, I think after my last experience, I may just buy a dress online.
  • Emma
    Beginner October 2022 Norfolk
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding is 31 October this year, I bought my dress in November 2021 xx
  • Ebony
    Savvy May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in May 2023 and I went dress shopping at the beginning of April this year. I found my dress in the first shop I went to and ordered later that week after a second try-on. The lady at the shop said they’re taking 6-8months to arrive at the moment, and you never know how many fittings you’ll need afterwards either.
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    It depends what you want, but if you want a made-to-order dress, different designers have different lead times. Anything between 6 & 12 months for delivery (without paying rush fees) plus time for fittings/alterations afterwards.

I’m a July 2023 bride too, I started looking in May this year, and bought mine a few weeks ago (I’m quite indecisive so went to a few shops in the end). When I bought it, it was due in around Christmas time, but I opted to delay it to Feb 2023.
    If you have an idea of the designer of the dress you want, maybe give the store a call and ask. If not I’d look to get an appointment sooner rather than later, so you aren’t rushing yourself too much.
  • S
    Scovia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I have no idea where to start or what kind of dress I want to be honest. I will be starting this week so fingers crossed I find something.

#july23 good luck with the planning and your big day
  • S
    Scovia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Good luck with your big day x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You too hun let us know how you get on with it all x💗
  • Danielle
    Curious March 2023 East Sussex
    Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    I get married in March 2023, I have my dress already it was the first thing I purchased. I want to leave enough time for alterations etc.
  • Bobs
    Curious August 2023 South West London
    Bobs ·
    • Hide content
    Hi,
    We’re getting married August 2023 and I found my dress the other day! I was told that 12 months is perfect otherwise some bridal shops will charge you a surcharge if it’s left too late xx
  • L
    North London
    Lily ·
    • Hide content
    Hi there, I would start looking now as then it gives you a good year to identify a few you like. Typically dresses can take about 2-3 months for fittings, 3-4 months for any customisation, 3 months for any major adjustments and then an extra month for minor alterations/ any shipping if your buying abroad.
  • Danielle
    Curious July 2023 Middlesex
    Danielle ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married next July too and I went dress shopping today and found the one! Always good to get an idea of what you like early I think as the shop may need to order it etc so may be a lead time
  • A
    Curious June 2022 East Central London
    Alice ·
    • Hide content

Now is a perfect time to start

• N
    Beginner May 2024 Kentucky
    NikoleB ·
    • Hide content

I started looking for my wedding dress almost after the engagement Smiley smile I always dreamed about wearing a beautiful white gown and was very excited. Though I imagined how my dress should look, I tried several similar dresses at the local shops and understood that I didn't like the way I looked in them. I ended up choosing another model and buying it on the Princessly website five months before the wedding Smiley smile So, my advice is to try several models first to understand which one you feel comfortable in.

Dress shopping 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics