Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Beginner August 2025 Worcestershire

Dress Stress!

Chloe, 23 of May of 2021 at 12:09 Posted on Planning 2 14
Hello Everyone!

So I’m looking at getting married in the next year or two. My fiancé and I are both on the gothic side of fashion and taste but I have no idea if anywhere in my local area (Worcestershire, UK) does those types of dresses! If anyone has recommendations I would really appreciate it!

14 replies

Latest activity by Jade-Leigh, 30 of May of 2021 at 10:40
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Hey, the post Tamsin mentioned was mine 😅 I'm having a black dress but struggling to find anywhere other than online that has them. Jjs has some really beautiful ones, and depending how gothic you want it, sites like KinkyAngel and Kates Clothing have some really funky victorian style gowns x
  • K
    Beginner April 2023 Bristol
    Kassi ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I don't have any actual shop recommendations but check out Rock N Roll bride on instagram/their website, they're amazing for inspiration and doing weddings differently! They list loooads of different suppliers.

• L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Maggie Sottero does a few black dresses that are beautiful if you're still keen for wedding gown style. The website is also really handy as it tells you where stocks particular dresses nearby.
  • M
    Beginner April 2022 Hertfordshire
    Morwenna ·
    • Hide content
    Definitely check out Rock N Roll bride magazine and Instagram for inspiration - they have some cool gothic weddings on there and also a few ads in their magazine for gothic dresses, veils, wedding rings etc! Also have a look at Chotronette for dresses, they do lots of different colours / styles.
    I ended up going more classic with the dress but planning to add more gothic elements with the veil / shoes / nails and decorations - so depends on how far you want to take it!
  • Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for the recommendations ladies! I will have a look through the places that you have mentioned Smiley smile

• RomanticBrownDecor976
    Beginner April 2022
    RomanticBrownDecor976 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Chloe

Me and my Fiancé were in the same boat! I found it very difficult find a black dress that was beautiful and didn't cost the earth! Smiley sad Im also from Worcester area and couldn't find a whole bunch! In the way of finding a black dress prom dress shops are pretty fab for that. I travelled to the Cotswolds to get my dress and ended up picking a white one! But I'll goth it up and everything else will be black anyways, so should be a good contrast!

Good luck! Smiley smile

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Chloe have you tried Violent Delight its an online site but they might have somethin you like and you could always get it altered and their prices are really good hope you find one x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi chloe was wanderi g how your dress shopping is going have you had any luck x
  • Fab
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Fab ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Kate’s website has got the best inspiration and great suppliers. I am constantly scrolling on Instagram 😂. Also Etsy can be surprisingly useful for less “conventional” styles and colours.
  • Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No luck yet Smiley sad

I still want to look bridal but I don't want to look like another bride in a white dress!

I like the stuff from Maggie Sotterro but nothing has struck me as being THE dress Smiley sad

I think it'll be easier once I've got the money to be able to go into wedding dress shops and physically see what people have.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally understand hopefully the dress will come to you if you know what i mean i do like the maggie sottero dresses .i am stuck on what to do about mine i am stuck on a maggie one myself its white at a price of 1500 and then i spot one on hebeos for 150 big price difference the stress of weddings but its worth it in the end you get to marry the man we love good luck x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hsve you looked a daisy b nell bridal not sure if its anywhere near you but they have a gorgeous white and black one i think its georgous not sure how much it is Dress Stress! 1

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Dress Stress! 2
    This is the best picture i have of it was sent through email x
  • J
    Beginner November 2021 West Midlands
    Jade-Leigh ·
    • Hide content
    Rock n roll bride UK also have a FB group for brides to he to discuss and ask for help, there are a few wearing black dresses in there. I'm also on the hunt for a black dress for a gothic/planty theme for our wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics