Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ebony_rose
Genius

***Ebony Rose non-report. Mega flash.***

ebony_rose, 24 of November of 2011 at 14:00 Posted on Planning 0 36

I say non-report as really, there's nothing to report. We had a simple ceremony, just us, 2 witnesses and my 2 boys. We had no reception, and there wasn't any really big build up to the day. My 2 witnesses were my 2 best friends, 1 of whom i'd not met before. We are online friends, I met him (yes him) ages before i'd even met my H, but we'd never met in person. He's a prof tog, so I was meeting my friend, getting a witness, and a professional tog, WIN!!!

Friday 28th Oct.

My best friend came round to help me make my cake. I've never really baked before, so we weren't expecting great things TBH. I also didn't know what cake I actually wanted, so we totally winged it. Didn't decided on how to decorate it until the cake was out the oven.

We made a vanilla sponge, with some cupcakes. As our wedding had a hello kitty theme, and the wedding was on Halloween, we used some HK cake toppers i'd got for my sons Halloween party ?. The cake topper was a must have for me, as soon as I saw it, I wanted it. It cost more than my dress, shoes and necklace put together, so I shout at anybody who goes near it, even H ?. We had so much fun making it, and my eldest son loved eating the left overs.

We made extra cakes with left over mixture, and my 5 month old son decided he wanted a mini cupcake, and wouldn't let anybody take it off him.

Saturday 29th Oct.

Today was the day of my sons Halloween party, so anything wedding related was put on hold. I also decided to bleach my hair and dye it pink. H was a bit shocked that I decided to do something so drastic to my hair 2 days before the wedding.

I was running around, totally stressed trying to get the party sorted( was more stressed with party planning than wedding planning) H decided to give me my wedding present. We said we weren't going to do presents, so I didn't get him one, whoops. I gave him a bottle of aftershave i'd got him for Christmas instead ?. He thought it was romantic as i'd got him the mens version of the perfume I was wearing that day. Totally saved! He'd got me a necklace i've been swooning over for ages on the swarovski site.

As we weren't having a big wedding, and I wasn't having a traditional wedding dress, we decided to be a bride and groom for Halloween

Sunday 30th Oct

Today was my "hen do". Myself and my witnesses went for a few drinks. Before we went out I managed to cut my toe open on a bit of glass. That was before any alcohol had been consumed, great start.

Our taxi driver turned out to be my friends uncle, who also has a "wedding taxi" so she cheekily asked if he'd pick me and H up the next day as we were going to walk. He said yes.

Monday 31st October.

Got up at 4am. Not due to nerves or excitement, but down to a teething 5 month old. After a night of drinking and not going to bed until 2am, I felt a tad rough. Thanks son. Got him back to sleep at about 7am, so started to get my eldest son sorted as there was no point in trying to sleep mysef when the wedding was at 12. H got up, and our witness came round. We were all flapping around trying to get sorted, make sure we had everything for my boys. At this point, I still had no idea what shoes I was going to be wearing. My friend called up the stairs that her uncle was here, I looked out the window and saw the wedding taxi, a white cab with ribbons on. Thought it was cute, and better than walking, but that wasn't for us, this was...

Very shocked TBH. Whilst it wouldn't be what i'd choose, and it wasn't the best car in the world, we were so touched that my friends uncle (who i'd never met before) was doing us this massive favour. Free transport, win!!!! He had the full on chauffeur gear on too, very posh ?. I actually had a few nerves then. All through our planning I wasn't fazed.

I still wasn't ready though, so quickly applied my make-up, and grabbed my Doc Martens on the way out as I knew my shoes would hurt at some point.

He took the long way round to the registry office, so I was getting very nervous at this build up. I just wanted to get there, and get married. I could feel my make up sliding down my face as I was so hot. Kept asking H if my face was melting

Got to the registry office, and had our little interview thing. The registrar spent most of the time talking about my bouquet, and asking if my shoes were Vivienne Westwood ?.

When H was saying his vows, I started crying. I don't "do" crying, so told myself off for being a wuss. H saw my tears which nearly set him off. I don't think he'll let me live that down TBH. It went so fast, I can't even remember what our vows were.

Registrar made me laugh as she did a dramatic pause when she said "I now pronounce you..." It's not like it had a suprise ending. We then posed for the cheesy signing the register pics. I really dislike those photos, but I knew my Mum would kill me if I didn't get one

We then had one with my boys, neither of who look interested. I love this pic...

As soon as we left, I changed into my Docs, BLISS.

We then went to take other pics, and had loads of fun with it. We're not a very serious couple, and are always taking the p!ss, so we thought we would with our wedding pics. We got some "serious" ones too, mainly for family.

This one looks serious, but there's a box near the tree with "sex shop" graffiti on it. We love it.

I love this one of my H. He looks very moody and intense. I love a man in guyliner...

We spent the rest of the day as a family, just playing with the boys. Then we went out for a meal with my Dad and his girlfriend. My Mum was working sadly. My Dad was a bit tearful as he was gutted we got married without him, my Mum was cool about it though. Family and friends have been split, half are chuffed for us, the rest are annoyed they weren't invited.

We got married the way we wanted to, no fuss, no frills. It worked for us, and we had a fab day.

36 replies

Latest activity by Beez, 25 of November of 2011 at 21:17
  • *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report ER. You wedding day looked perfect. Slightly jealous that you were brave enough to do it this way. I'm fancying it at the mo!

PS Loved your dress

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

You know I love this all!!

Also, the best pictures of J smiling ive ever seen, hes so adorable!!

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Aw I LOVED this! Congratulations - I'm so pleased you had such a perfect day!

You have a beautiful family

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, everything looks lovely. I love your dress!! You and hubby look great and very happy!! And your two boys are pretty gorgeous too!! Hope you had an amazing day and it was everything you wanted x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Love. it.

You look so happy!!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

You look great ER, and so happy!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations ER! Lovely day that was perfect for the two of you. Your baby boy is such a smiler!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations ER, it is great you had your day just how you wanted it. You dress looks lovely on you and your sons are gorgeous!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You look so happy! Wishing you you a very happy and healthy marriage. What a gorgeous pair of sons you have too.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely report. Glad you took a gamble on doing your hair 2 days before the wedding - it looks fab, especially with your dress!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations ER! You had YOUR perfect day! Great photos and 2 very handsome little boys - you must be very proud!

xx

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Yay for more pictures! love the one of you and baby J giggling away ❤️ Smiley smile

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!!

I was hoping you would do a (non) report. Looks like you had an amazing day. I really admire you for having a wedding that's 100% what you want and so unique to you. I loved the photos of the 2 boys as well - gorgeous!

Ps. I laughed out loud at the photos.

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

Fab! looks like a brilliant day. LOVE the necklace he got you

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Wow ER your report is fab my fave so far i think as i think this truly was a wedding for you and your little family. I am glad that you had a wonderful day and that is the most important thing. The pictures look amazing and you look one very happy wife!

Congratulations

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

? ladies.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely non-report ER you both look very happy and that's the main thing. Your boys are so cute!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations ER! Lovely non-report Smiley tongue

Your little boy is such a cutie, you have a beautiful family.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Great photos. Lovely that you had the day you wanted. Sounds like a lovely fun family day.

Also those are the cutest photos ever of J I have seen!! He's adorable. Two gorgeous sons.

Congratulations! x

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

OMG you look amazing, you and the Hubby !!!! Very very cool ! I love the cake, the dress, shoes , kids look ace ! and your photos of the sex shop graffeti is the best one ive seen. Really cool babe !!! xx

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Great photos ER, loving the sex shop one! Actually made me laugh out loud!

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Super non report you both look like you had a ball. Congrats once again xx

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content

Love your photos, your happiness is shining through. Has made me even more determined to get married the way i want too (in secret like you did)

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I love this one of my H. He looks very moody and intense. I love a man in guyliner...

NomNomNom, wishes MrMini would wear guyliner.

ER you know I love your day anyways but you all look fab- the cake is epic and I am glad you had the day you wanted.

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

Huge congrats ER, and a fab non-report! Glad you had the day you wanted, the pics of you, OH and your boys in the park are fab, I seriously ❤️ your bouquet and cake, and think the pink hair was a good last minute decision - looks amazing and works really well with your dress.

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

LOVE IT!! that is all!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I love this non-report, your pics are fantastic.

Your boys have the most beautiful eyes, , x

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE that photo of your son with the cake ?

Congratulations! You look you had an amazing day x

• xtlcx
    Beginner May 2012
    xtlcx ·
    • Hide content

Looks like you had a fab day your dress is Lush xx

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies.

Mini - the downside to my H wearing guyliner, is that he steals mine, and wrecks it. But I let him off that day as he looks fiiiiine!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely love all of those pics, you look fantastic in your dress - as does Mr ER in his guyliner...looks like you all had a wonderful day!

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Love that you pleased yourself, love your pictures, your kids are gorgeous.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics