Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2023 Monmouthshire

Elopement wedding, Fire at me some destinations/venues please anyone ?

Sophie, 3 of August of 2022 at 00:03 Posted on Planning 0 19
Hey all, we've been engaged now for many years and are looking to elope due to many reasons. 1. Being cost 2. My partner doesn't speak with his family 3. I'm very reserved, don't like all eyes on me kind of thing.
It will either be just us two if locally or possibly my parents and sister too if it's abroad.
I'd ideally love an abroad wedding.. Happy to pay that little bit more with it being abroad and have honeymoon all in one but it will need to be a very small venue and I'm struggling to find anything that is small enough if that makes sense.
I have looked at Boho corwall and will look into that that as a last resort.Hoping a few of you on here may have had families or friends that have eloped and could throw in some ideas for me! Happy to go as far as LV, NY barbados. So much choice and no idea to start!
Thank you

19 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 7 of August of 2022 at 14:47
  • G
    Curious November 2022 Leicestershire
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    We decided on Gretna Green due to travel (elderly parents) but originally I really liked the idea of Gibraltar. Some really beautiful venues and relatively straightforward in terms of paperwork etc 😀
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    This is hard you can go anywhere that can cater for small weddings i have been looking for ages did find one by me in cheshire but wasmt what h2b wanted it was a woodlamd venue with over night stay so we went for our local registry i hope you can find somewhere x💗
  • S
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you both!
    I've taken a look at Gibraltar and still none the wiser 😅 Oo I'll take a look at that woodland one it sounds lovely! I did have a nose at Gretna Green but my partner wasn't fussed on Scotland.

I've been looking all morning and it's making my head hurt lol I've found one company with an elope wedding package in Tuscany at 2900 euro that included 3 nights, 3 course meal, photographer but doesn't include flights.I mean it's not bad but my sister got married in Malta for 1 week and paid £5000 and that was an all inclusive week holiday, make up, roof terrace rental, 3 course meals, a photographer and evening entertainment. She did have about 30 guests though which is not what I want!Otherwise I'd consider that! Think I might just need to look at UK and a honey moon instead! Argh I didn't think an elopement wedding could be so difficult! X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Oh it is hun the woodland venue is callled the love shack knutsford you can only have upto 8 guests its worth a look x i dont talk to my family thats why we were eloping x
  • S
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's difficult isn't it when you don't speak to family but I love the idea of eloping!
    I do feel it's more romantic, Running away to get married with no judgement 😄
    Thank you so much, I will look that up now x
  • S
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love that venue! Looks lovely x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My plan was always to elope but my friends and family were told this they were okay about it but when plans came to booking it they kicked of now we dont talk at all i wanted to elope because h2b doesnt have big family just his dad and sister so that was our reason plus i dont like being the one with all the attention on me x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is lovely x💗 and good thing is its all legal no need to book a registry afterwards x
  • L
    Savvy September 2022 Tyne & Wear
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Langley castle beside Hexham do elopement weddings for 2. Looks gorgeous
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hiws thevsearch going x💗
  • S
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't understand why people do that, it's very wrong!
    If a couple want to marry in private then it's nobodies business 😑
    I completely get why some couples elope! It's more common than I thought too!
  • S
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's actually going OK, I've found a website for weddings abroad which are really good prices and are protected.
    Now it's just weighing up abroad or home 😬
    I've found a venue close to me though called the Glen Yr afon Hotel and they do a reasonable elopement package! Which I'm kind of swaying towards x
  • S
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, just had a nose, that's beautiful too! X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its about what you really both want at home is nice is your having 2 people with you but if not then abroad on your own is a honeymoon also its hard x 💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    As for py problem with family i dont care at the moment xx im just enjoying my planning x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think covids played a big part in it to x💗
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    We originally were going to elope to Gretna Green ( the original elopement destination!) but due to some unforeseen circumstances, we’re just having a small church ceremony here. I did have a look at Shetland elopements though through What Susan Sees and it is STUNNING. here’s the link: https://whatsusanseesphotography.com/
    They do all sorts of packages, we just couldn’t do the travel unfortunately
  • Bronwyn
    Beginner October 2024 Oxfordshire
    Bronwyn ·
    • Hide content
    Tree Top Escape in Devon, absolutely beautiful!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hows the search x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics