Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Savvy May 2023 Derbyshire

Emerald Bridesmaid Dresses

Megan, 7 of March of 2022 at 09:40 Posted on Planning 0 13
Hi,

I would really love to have my bridesmaids in emerald dresses. Do you think it would look strange if the groom and groomsmen were in navy? I can’t imagine it going together and struggling to find anything on Pinterest etc.
I don’t know what other colour suits would go, other than black which we didn’t really want for our setting.
Any ideas appreciated! ☺️

13 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 7 of March of 2022 at 21:38
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh thank you so much! I was trying to find something like this. Yes I think I will go for it ☺️ We are having a lot of greenery and foliage at the wedding so I wanted more of a green theme!

Thank you
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are welcome, I think it is a great combo, not wedding related but it is going to be our colours for the lounge in our new house!

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh lovely! You can get some really nice velvety sofas in emerald and navy, I was really tempted when we got ours.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is exactly what i want, totally impractical with a child but hey ho! one in each colour and opposing colour cushions and then the walls to be a lighter neutral colour! Our current flat is very small so have grey and white as cant really get the impact with colour, I cannot weait to have a big space and be able to have some colours!

• Jamie
    Dedicated October 2022 Argyll
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content

We're going for a lot of green and foliage in our wedding too, and we're mainly pulling the particular shade of green from my family's tartan, which is Murray and includes dark green and blue, with a little red (I've attached a picture). We're not actually using the blue, but it's a good example of how well they can pair.

Emerald Bridesmaid Dresses 1

I think so long as the blues aren't super bright, or too green (like teal), it works really well.
  • Sarah
    Dedicated October 2022 Swansea
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Groomsmen in navy complemented by emerald bridesmaids is a lovely idea, and if you browse some wedding websites in weeks to come you'll find great examples of this lovely colour palette working well - give yourself time to enjoy looking. Found an example of bridesmaids in a lovely mix of navy end greens too. (https://www.brides.com/gallery/fashion-forward-bridesmaid-dresses ). You'll also find a great example of a wedding in this palette here: https://whimsicalwonderlandweddings.com/elms-barn-wedding/ (that's also a great website for wedding inspiration). Congratulations and happy planning xxxEmerald Bridesmaid Dresses 2

Emerald Bridesmaid Dresses 3

• E
    Savvy April 2022 Essex
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids are emerald green and suits are dark navy! I was the same at first when fiancé came home with navy suits but it does actually go
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi megan i think you have picked two amazing colours this was going to be mine but h2b wants to wear grey which still goes well with emerald i am so jealous xx 💗
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh thank you for this!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow thanks for the info! I had never seen that other website and it looks really good. Thank you and to you ☺️Xxx
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lovely, thank you for the reassurance ☺️
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks - I’m sure grey and emerald will look beautiful! ☺️Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im having green accesories with silver would have him in silver but he said no chance lol xx enjoy your planning x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics