Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

Engagement gift ideas please

Teal, 6 July, 2010 at 19:26 Posted on Planning 0 10

Am sure similar post is somewhere else on here, but couldnt find it.

Cousin having party in August. Any ideas for gifts or anything you got & hated? Was thinking of wedding/planner organiser thing, but she may already have one. Also, wasnt sure if I should get something they can both use/enjoy rather than a planner that just the bride will use?

10 replies

Latest activity by AmyLovesPaul, 8 July, 2010 at 20:45
  • *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

If they are drinkers, why not get them some nice crystal glasses. Debenhams have got some lovely bubbly glasses in the sale at the min.

We got some gorgeous massive red wine Villeroy & Bosch glasses given to us and I love them that much, bought some more. We also got a lovely vase, which I thought was a really nice useful gift and not something I would have bought myself.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

well I picked the denby that I will be collecting for my wedding presents, so I got quite a bit of that for engagement presents as well. Also got some of the new Belleek Living china, and other housey bits! A real variety. I actually got a pink heart shaped bucket and pink mop as well from a few jokey friends! APparently they got them online! I dont think there were any presents that I got and didnt like -well we did get a set of 6 china mugs that are green patterned from the OHs side, but they weren't for me really. The card was written to Gareth and Monica... My name is Deborah!!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

We didnt get engagement presents!!!!

tell a lie - we got a ceramic ornamental tabby cat. Which we thought was a bit odd really. Then we got our cat after our wedding we were quite surprised at the similarities... anyhoo, I digress...

I gave vouchers for an engagement gift once, they bought cutlery with it, lol.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

We had a party when we got engaged but didn't get many presents. Mind you, I wasn't expecting any so on that basis we did really well!

We got 3 bottles of champagne, a very nice bottle of red and the ones I loved the most were from a fabulous couple we know. They bought Mr CB a Ted Baker tie, me a beautiful TB scarf with butterflies on and for both of us, a copy of the Kama Sutra! Had us in hysterics! Wonder if the tie and scarf were multipurpose...

• M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrsmiller2b ·
    • Hide content

We got engaged that long ago, I can't remember, does that make me ungrateful?

I know we got some l2 ovely wine glasses off my Mum and Dad and 2 of the same style off my Grandparents and some towels off my Auntie and Uncle, which are still in their wrapping in the airing cupboard, they're so soft I don't want to use them!! I don't think we got anything else x

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I would get some nice wine glasses for them. We got them from one of my frineds and they are lovely.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

No i think they just forgot what my name was! He never had a girlfriend called Monica - I asked him that to be sure! I got their thank-you card in the post very sharpish after to remind them my name! The funny thing was they spelt Gareths surname wrong as well on the envelope! Just shows you if you're not 100% sure of something...dont guess!

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

The best engagement gift we got was a gift experience for a photography session and a free photo in frame.

I thought it was such a good idea i got my friend one when she got engaged. Venture-£25

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics