Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JoHawes
Beginner August 2012

Entrance & exit music

JoHawes, 31 May, 2011 at 22:55 Posted on Planning 0 24

Hello Fellow Hitchers I was just wondering what tracks people are having / or had as entrance and exit music. I don't want 'here comes the bride' But not sure what to have instead.

24 replies

Latest activity by daisydooberry, 2 June, 2011 at 19:55
  • Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I'm having here comes the bride, so no innovation from me I'm afraid. I'm having the bridal march as exit music, and Canon playing for the signing of the register.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

We're having a Harpist, and "here comes the bride" just doesn't sound quite right on a Harp!

We're having:

Guests arrival / mingle - Clair de Lune and Pachelbel's Canon

My Enterance - Trumpet Voluntary

Signing the Register - Ode to Joy, As Time Goes By and The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba

Exit - Bridal March

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

If I can get the piano version I want- Moon River for entrance and Jason Miraz I'm Yours for exit. Also having Adele Make you feel my love, and Unchained Melody for signing of registers for my Dad who passed away 3 months ago so he can be part of our day.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

We are walking into A Fine Frenzy - What i wouldnt do and out to Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

• MrsB_2_be
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsB_2_be ·
    • Hide content

We're having a pianist with 'Make you feel my love' by Adele for my entrance and 'Baker Street' for the exit as I'm going to be Mrs Baker!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I had this as my Entrance music:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHqGuwj-ZP0:550:0]

and exited to this:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDrJ5Z2rKw&feature=related:550:0]

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Our music was played on piano & violin. We had Pachelbel Canon in D for our entrance and Mendelssohn's Midsummer Night's Dream to exit.

Whilst signing the register, we had Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros and Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if this is helpful as we're having a string quartet, but they'll be playing Canon in D to walk into and You've got the love (candi station) and Adele's make you feel my love after...if I remember rightly!

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

We are having the Glee version of Songbrid as sang by Santana. It was on a couple of weeks ago and made me cry as her voice was so lovely so I just knew it was right for us. And we will then leave to take that Rule the world. I had wanted Stevie Wonder signed sealed delivered but my OH thinks its to cheesy!!! xx

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Arrival of guests and groom and bm we are having the organist play Pacelbel in D

My arrival we are having Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" instrumental version

For signing of the register we are having two; one by Nightwish their version of "Walking in the Air" and then the choir will sing Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love".

On exit/dismissal we are having The Cantina Band by John Williams, OH and me get pretty excited every time we play it and know its gonna put smiles on our guests faces and hopefully they will join us in dancing our way up the aisle and out hehe.

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content

We walked in to the Glee version of Over The Rainbow and we practically danced out to She's So Lovely by Scouting For Girls - it all went together perfectly and got people talking because it wasn't traditional!

• Christmas Bride 2012
    Christmas Bride 2012 ·
    • Hide content

I want the music to Bella's Lullaby from Twilight as I think its beautiful , we originally wanted the balcony scene music from romeo and juliet xx love Hans Zimmer too and also cannon d

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Hadn't considered music for the guests walking in, so will have to consider that!

I'm having Pachelbel's Canon in D sung by a choir for my entrance. I've wanted the music since I was a teenager, but now it seems that EVERYONE has it, so I wanted something a bit different. When we received our choir's repertoire list and it was on there, I thought it was the best of both worlds.

For signing the register, we're having a couple of Welsh songs, so that's not much help to you.

I was a bit stuck for the exit music, but after hearing the Wedding March at my sister's wedding, I think I'm set on that. I just loved the "dah-dah-dah-daaaaaaaaah" bit of it!

• JoHawes
    Beginner August 2012
    JoHawes ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thank you all :o) loads of ideas and things to think about - I do like the Canon D one though :o)

Thanks again

Jo

• G
    Beginner May 2012
    groomzilla ·
    • Hide content

Having the theme from Braveheart before my beautiful bride arrives (I am Scottish), then she walks in to Adele (although everyone seems to be having it). Signing the register to When we are old by Gretchen Peters and From This Moment by Shania Twain. Both walking out (or dancing) to Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

Finally decided on Pachebels Canon D to enter church. (we have an organ so it will be played on that) To exit we are having one day like this - Elbow. I wanted this to enter but when OH heard it he said he wanted it for when we leave as its so upbeat.

• jordas20
    jordas20 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a violinist and pianist and this is what other couples have asked me to play over the last 18 months. Hope this helps!

Simon

https://www.celebratewithmusic.co.uk/recommendations.html

• maryg111
    Beginner May 2011
    maryg111 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oh we had that elbow song for the signing of the register! vicar gave a thumbs up and said she's just been to an elbow concert!!!!

• MrandMrsFord
    Beginner November 2011
    MrandMrsFord ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in a private chapel and at the back there is a balcony where the organ is and under the balcony there is the big wooden doors that I will enter through and for my entrance I am having Pachelbels Canon in D played by organ and violin solo. Then we have 3-4 hymns (chosen 3 maybe pick a 4th) and then signing of the register is the Sleeping Beauty Waltz played on a big gold harp. The harp will also play whilst guests arrive and mingle, and then the harp will be moved to the rose garden and patio (croquet lawn normally) where our gazebo and champagne will be served whilst we have pics taken and before we leave for the reception venue.

Oh and we are walking out to the normal wedding march I can't remember the name, but I like it Smiley smile

• JoHawes
    Beginner August 2012
    JoHawes ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Jordas20 that will be really helpful - i'll look forward to going through those later :o)

• JoHawes
    Beginner August 2012
    JoHawes ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds beautiful so romantic :o)

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?Really! Don't think our vicar will say that! Beautiful song though isn't - one of my favourites. My cousin is singing whilst we sign the register.

• D
    Beginner August 2011
    daisydooberry ·
    • Hide content

We're having all of our songs by The Beloved.

Me walking in is Deliver me

Signing the register is Dream on/sweet harmony

walking out I love you more

Im really pleased with our songs, (have been stressing over this for months!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics