Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharv
Beginner March 2012

Entrance music - Nothing Else Matters?

kharv, 3 September, 2011 at 11:10 Posted on Planning 0 9

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica is one of my all time favourite songs but OH isn't a fan of them full stop. I'm trying to think of a way I can incorporate it subtly into the day without offending his ears!

We are having a pianist throughout the ceremony - what do you think to this as my entrance music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpYU6UHNikQ

Not sure yet if my pianist will play it but thought I'd gather opinion before I asked him.

The rest of the ceremony would likely be classical music (apart from when everyone sings 'All you need is love')

9 replies

Latest activity by lukas222, 5 September, 2011 at 03:58
  • cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I think its great! definitley fits better with classical music when done as a piano solo.

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I love Metallica and we're having Nothing Else Matters as our last dance so I'm biased - but I do think it's a great choice and will sound fine performed 'clasically' Smiley smile

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

You have got to have it!! I'm very biased as I'm walking down the aisle to this with my Dad, my Dad is also a huge fan of 'tallica.

My OH isn't as keen as me and he said if you love it then you have it, he actually likes the words so thats all good. Unfortunately, we will only have the first minute played (the intro/instrumental bit) because of timings.

I really can't wait to hear the start as I know it will get me going and I've loved the band since I was a teen as my OH knows and knows it means a lot to me.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Cheers guys - will ask the pianist!

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Thats our first dance song! How about this piano solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZK4Hd28VA&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=PL3D61737865FDD084

Maybe your pianist could have a practice - or get a CD.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hey Jude (geddit? Oh dear...)

Thanks for that - he sells the sheet music for $3.99 to download so that could be really helpful!

• jordas20
    jordas20 ·
    • Hide content

If your pianist is up to scratch you could ask him to play it to you over Skype or in person before the day to put you and your OH's mind at rest!

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

I think it would be cool, but gets better after the 1st minute, so if i was you i'd send any bm's, fg's etc in first then you come in last (you may have been planning this already obv but just my opinion)

• L
    Beginner May 2011
    lukas222 ·
    • Hide content

Its great!I like

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics