Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Dedicated August 2024 East Sussex

Evening

Hayley, 2 of November of 2021 at 07:24 Posted on Planning 0 30
Me and my fiance have a few ideas for the evening of our wedding. I was wondering what all you other beautiful brides think.
Firstly were having a summer wedding with a garden type theme by bridesmaids are wearing green but my maid of honor is wearing blue and my veil will be floral...

So my evening ideas are
Back garden bbq (cooked by guest) 2000s and 90s music playing via youtube. Fairy lights in the bushes and lanterns in the trees
Evening on the beach lanterns by the rocks Mexican food
Back garden Mexican food, Mexican music fairy lights and lanterns
Back garden bbq harp music fairy lights and lanterns.
Just asking for everyone's opinions as I'm stuck ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

30 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 4 of November of 2021 at 11:41
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ยท
    • Hide content

All these ideas sound fantastic. My only concern would be asking guest to cook themselves, they may be reluctant to do this in their best outfits. you could look at hiring a catering truck to do BBQ? Also, I would think of the logistics and what your back up plan will be if the weather turns.

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ยท
    • Hide content
    I agree with Charlotte - all good ideas but I donโ€™t think you can ask guests to cook a bbq. If you are keen on bbq (and donโ€™t want an external caterer), could you ask certain people to help with the cooking on the day and supplement it with lots of pre made salads etc so that there isnโ€™t too much to do on the day?

I love the fairy lights in the bushes/trees but not sure how they would be different for different scenarios (or are they not?). In terms of Mexican food or bbq - what do you and your fiancรฉ prefer? It is your wedding after all!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and we've got a large house and the fact were only having 30 people will be fine especially as a few will leave early.
    I do understand that alot especially as bbqs can get messy.

We've actually already had 3 of the guest offer to cook the bbq. But obviously looking into other things
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have no idea niether of us have ever tried Mexican ๐Ÿ˜‚ so that's why I've asked for people's opinion.

And as I said to Charlotte we have had a couple guest offer to do a bbq. And premade salads certainly sound great especially where the day is long enough already.
  • Karisma
    Savvy March 2023 Kent
    Karisma ยท
    • Hide content
    I think the BBQ with the 2000โ€™s and 90โ€™s tunes sounds amazing! If we wasnโ€™t having the wedding we are having that is the type I would defo go for. If you already have people offering to do the bbq then happy days! Just make sure you get them an apron
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and yes 100% dont want to get those expensive outfits greasy
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like a good excuse for a date night to a Mexican place?! If you have people volunteering to help, thatโ€™s great - and if you go for a bbq then you can have things prepped and theyโ€™ll just need cooking! It all sounds lush - I can see why you are struggling to choose!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah 100% and we definitely will go to a mexican restaurant to see if we like it.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    Sounds like date night at mexican place needs to be booked x๐Ÿ’—
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    Evening 1
    If you do like the mexican food these i think are based by you x๐Ÿ’—
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ยท
    • Hide content

I think any of these sound lovely and so relaxed. You can't go wrong with any of them (as long as you do actually like Mexican food!!!)

• Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% thank you
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you โค
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100% thank you x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Anytime just hope you enjoy your mexican date nigjt x๐Ÿ’—
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sure we will. Hope any planning you doing is going great xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just struggling on deciding what my boys and h2b are wearing we cant decide suit or just shirt and pants and where to get my dress from first one was ruined so cant decide what i want now x๐Ÿ’—
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got mine of heboes its online so you have to know your exact size all hand crafted dresses make to fit each and every side I was hesitant but when I tried on my dress I fell in love even more fit perfectly and looked exactly like the picture other then the fact I wore a top below.

As for suits I have the same problem except different blue for h2b or the groomsmen or black for which one I'm baffled but heboes for dresses weather it's for bridesmaids, MOH, MOB and of course you as the bride. Hope I helped
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah my first was from hebeos exactly what i wanted but recently got ripped in my wardrobe doors would cost to much to fix so now thinking of going and trying a bridal shop now hope you sort the suits out x๐Ÿ’—
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bridal shops are better actually you can try the dress on and imagine your day. Make sure its perfect.

Omg it got ripped how?
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never wanted the bridal shop experience im not like that but going to try x I have big triple glass wardrobe doors my dress was in middle in bag hung up dont know how but some how it got caught i didnt realise opened the doors and heard a tear didnt think it was my dress but it was x๐Ÿ’—
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh noo bless ya and yeah I'm not a bridal shop person either but hey it makes it more real and exciting x๐Ÿ’™
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hate the attention x I going to go with my daughter she is nearly nineteen and will be totally honest about what goes well on me x hope it goes well at your mexican date night and you like the food x๐Ÿ’—
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and I hope the bridal shop goes well and I'm sure your daughter will love to go with you and dont worry about attention being on you. Just take your mind of that, no matter what it's going to be on you. I hate attention too I wont even be a bridesmaid if it wasnt for be catholic I wouldn't be getting married ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hate it that much. My 18th birthday my mum went all out with decor in the kitchen I got up before her walked into the kitchen for coffee and kidding you not my reaction was "nope" and I went straight back to bed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    You cant avoid attention especially when your getting married. All you can do is take your mind off it think of "hey tomorrow there wont be any attention on me it's just today" that's for the big day anyway once you married it's all over only have to worry about your birthday ๐Ÿ˜‚

Good luck and try and remember the attention wont last long at all โค
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The attention on wedding day wont happen because no one is going to there just our 3 kids x๐Ÿ’—
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh fair enough what about witnesses sorry about the question ๐Ÿ’™ just I know that you need at least 2 witnesses
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah thats all done my son will be 16 plus my daughter the registrar said thats okay because they know whats going on x๐Ÿ’—
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you still doing a registry office i remember you wete looking x๐Ÿ’—
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah 100% so much easier and only having a small wedding so best a small venue x๐Ÿ’œ
  • Hayley
    Hayley ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah so its sorted then that's great then x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics