Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2011

Evening Do's

spacebabe103, 13 of August of 2011 at 14:56 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all,

Just after any advice regarding times of the day and the evening reception.

We are having our ceremony at 2pm, then need to allow time for a few photos and then for guests to get from the Church to the Reception venue. Once there we need to allow time for photos and canapes meaning the wedding breakfast won't be served until around 5.30pm.

After allowing time to eat and for speeches I have worked out that the evening guests would need to be arriving at 8pm. But this just seems too late?!

Has anyone else had similiar sort of timings and had the evening guests arrive around 8pm? I don't know whether this would be normal or if people would think it's a bit late for the evening to begin?

Can anyone put my mind at rest?

Thanks!

6 replies

Latest activity by Sandysounds, 15 of August of 2011 at 18:04
  • Luna_12
    Beginner October 2012
    Luna_12 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 3pm, its a full nuptual mass so wont be finishing until 4pm. We have allowed an hour for photographs and our food is being served from half five. We have put for evening guests to arrive from 7:30pm, so 8pm doesnt sound too bad to me xxx

• E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content

I suppose it depends on the time your reception finishes? Our evening guests are arriving at 8pm and our reception finishes at 1am. If I was an evening guest I'd think 7.30 / 8.00 is a perfectly acceptable time to arrive xx

• honeybee9
    Beginner May 2012
    honeybee9 ·
    • Hide content

Yes 8 sounds right. We are having a civil ceremony so evening guests are coming at 7 as they are quick

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Our evening guests are arriving at 8pm too. We get married an church at 1pm but the church is a distance from the venue champagne and canapes and photos at church, wedding breakfast is at 5.30. Evening reception finishes at 1am so I think this is plenty of time!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

We got married at 2 and we didnt sit down until 5/5.30 - we asked our guests to arrive at 7.30, even though when they did arrive people were still dirnking there coffees but it was a relaxed atmosphere and I didnt have masses of evening guests, so by the time they got a drink had a mooch around and chatted to a few people it was time for the first dance.

• E
    Beginner June 2012
    ExcitedBride.com ·
    • Hide content

We are having our ceremony at 2pm, then need to allow time for a few photos and then for guests to get from the Church to the Reception venue. Once there we need to allow time for photos and canapes meaning the wedding breakfast won't be served until around 5.30pm.

My ceremony is also at 2pm but Im getting married at the venue. That will finish around 3pm (im having a few readings to spread it out a bit). Then photos for an hour or so, with champagne and canapies. I also want a recieving line which they recommened 30 minutes for, so my WB will start about 5pm. Im asking for the evening guests to turn up about 7.30pm - which should be enough time. Although Im not expecting people to turn up on time.....

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

7.00 7.30 8.00 are all perfectly normal times and totally acceptible.

I always advise to leave hour and a half for a sit down meal, half an hour for speeches, then half an hour for tidying up/turn around.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics