Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious January 2023 West Midlands

Evening dress

Rahman, 29 of December of 2021 at 23:11 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 13
What are your thoughts on brides having a separate evening dress?

13 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 24 of January of 2022 at 14:22
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It seems a bit pointless to me, but if the bride can afford it and wants to do it, it's her choice.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Its not very common in my experience, I have seen it a few times but mostly where the bride has a Chinese background as red is a very auspicious colour and so they have changed into a red dress for the evening.

One of the considerations is that if you have evening guests then staying in the day dress will give them a chance to see it. If you decide to then I think a good time to do a change is after all the evening guests have arrived and seen you and then get changed before the first dance and then make a "entrance" in the different dress. Don't just stop at you as I have seen grooms do a change as well.

• C
    Beginner August 2021 Hertfordshire
    Christina ·
    • Hide content

I bought a short, lacy white dress for £30 and I'm so glad I did. Wedding dresses aren't always the most comfortable, or built for hours of dancing. Depending on your dress and your budget, I think it's worth strongly considering an evening dress. Mine was only cheap, but I got changed after the first dance (at which point the photographer was leaving) and it was actually a bit of a relief to change into something more comfortable.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think it would be what you feel like doing x💗 some do some dont xx
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

I changed into a short yellow dress (a lot more 'me') after the first band set, and I'm so glad I did!! The 2nd set was so much easier to dance to than the first and I really did enjoy myself more as I felt a lot more relaxed. Ours was a whole day thing though so everyone had seen me in the wedding dress all afternoon.. And, I was lucky with finding a very well priced wedding dress from a charity and the evening dress wasn't expensive - otherwise I may not have been able to justify it!

• Bonita
    Savvy September 2022 Nottinghamshire
    Bonita ·
    • Hide content
    Evening dress 1
    I was thinking of something like this for my evening dress as I will be able to dance the night away which I don't think I will be able to do in my wedding dress.
  • Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    Personally it took me so long to find the one that I won’t be changing 😅. Plus it would take me awhile to get in and out of the dresses and I’d be worried about my makeup and hair. However if the bride wants to do it can afford it and thinks it will add enjoyment to the day then why not!
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Personally feel like there's only one day you get to wear a wedding dress so I'm gonna wear it from start to finish! Smiley heart

I am definitely factoring in my venue, likely temperature, and all day comfort into my dress choice though.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I have seen it done before but I’m not going to do it although I am going to change my shoes- I’ve got a tea length fifties style dress and for the evening I have white wedding Converse trainers to wear.
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

Totally up to the bride! It's your day and if you can bare to get out of your day dress and can afford it then why not! I can particularly imagine that if you have a more fitted dress for your day you may want something that makes dancing a bit easier for the night!

• Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    I'm having a dress for the reception as I'm messy so can't see my dress being as glowing by evening as it will start off, plus I wanna dance and show off my heels!
  • Roxy
    Curious June 2022 Devon
    Roxy ·
    • Hide content

If you want a second dress then go for it! I love my dress so the thought of spending money on it just to change it a few hours later seems a waste to me.

My best friend actually had a second dress a few years ago, she saw one she loved on Market Place second hand. On the day though, she was having such a good time she couldn't be bothered to go and change so didn't end up wearing it anyway!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Love the second dress 💗xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics