Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Evening invitations

Kayleigh, 1 of February of 2022 at 21:24 Posted on Planning 1 8
So I plan to send save the dates 12months before then my formal invitations 6months before ....
But what about evening only invites? Are people planning to send them at the same time as their day invites or are you holding off sending incase you get a space you can fill if someone declines?
If I send them separately I will send the eve ones 3months before X

8 replies

Latest activity by Hannah, 8 of February of 2022 at 17:05
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    I think 3 months is plenty of notice for an evening reception. I think some times too far in advance and people tend to forget x
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is my worry - will people forget?! With the day ones I'm more comfortable sending them earlier as I need to have all RSVPs back within 8 weeks of the day xx
  • Littlemy
    Dedicated April 2022 Kent
    Littlemy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean but I don't think people will forget your evening reception, who doesn't love a wedding reception! X
  • E
    Savvy April 2022 Essex
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    We sent our evening invites 5 months before x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We sent day ones 5 months before with a date to reply by which was 8 weeks out. We chased anyone who hadn't replied after 6 weeks. It also meant we could move people to our day list from the evening when we got day declines. We moved 4 people up and it didn't look like they had been bumped up as we hadn't sent them evening ones already. we are sending our evening ones out this week, wedding is 30th April.

I wouldn't go to early as people tend to forget or think they have loads of time so reply late. It is fine to send save the dates as soon as you have it, but be careful that you may change your mind on people, we have 4 people on our day list that in honesty we probably wouldn't have now as since sending our save the dates we have had barely any contact with them.
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely leave a gap between your day invites and your evening invites, as Charlotte mentioned you may find people can't go and then you'll want to be able to move up your evening invites without them feeling like they were B list.

I do however strongly disagree with the suggestions that people will forget! People want notice so they can plan - especially if they might need to stay over night or use any annual leave. Although if it's on a Saturday, walking distance or cheap taxi away for most of your guests then this isn't such a factor.

The crucial thing is to put an RSPV date for your guests to respond by that's generously early - you don't want to leave yourself panicking that you haven't heard people's food choices, and you need to buffer time to give anyone else you bump up time to RSPV before this deadline too.

• Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks all for your advice 🥰
  • Hannah
    Dedicated September 2023 South West London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kayleigh!

Thanks for your question on the forum! We have a great article here:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-planning/invite-wording-and-etiquette/when-to-send-wedding-invitations-save-the-dates/ on when to send your invites out!

Additionally, if you have time today, take a look at our Insta page stories as I did a Q&A specifically on invitations! Please feel free to visit: https://stationery.hitched.co.uk/ to get some invitation and save the date inspiration!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah- The Hitched Team

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics