Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CupcakeQueen
Beginner January 2011

Every Little Girls Dream..

CupcakeQueen, 12 November, 2010 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 26

Inspired by another post..

What were your wedding dreams as a little girl?

I always wanted a winter wedding (and I ended up with one) and I adored this dress from the Guns 'n' Roses video..

How things change! What were your dreams??

26 replies

Latest activity by sarahb3426, 14 November, 2010 at 13:26
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

There's always time to change your dress, it's not too late ?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Emm maybe this could be my evening dancing dress...?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When I was a teenager, Axl Rose was my dream - still is sometimes...

When I was a little girl I wanted a wedding like Scott and Charlene's (hence my profile picture) and I wanted Suddenly by Angry Anderson to be played along with I'll Be Loving You Forever by New Kids On The Block.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

?

• murraymint
    Beginner June 2010
    murraymint ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's like the extreme version of the one I posted. LOVE IT haha.

I was a weird child, I wanted to wear a tux... I went through a phase of wanting to wear boys clothes - this included dressing up in my brothers school uniform. ?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your dress is the inspired post!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I used to watch Beauty and the Beast and want a dress like hers and a horse drawn carriage...

I think secretly I'd still like that and my friends wouldn't be suprised at all but OH wouldn't appreciate it!

Actually, now I've found that pic I've suddenly changed my mind....

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I always wanted a proper horse drawn carriage for my fairytale and to get married in a church.

Instead we are having a vintage car and gothic victorian mansion ?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Here's me as Beauty at my 20th Birthday a few years back now- I loved it, I dont see why you are not sold?? ?

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

I was a very weird child - I never had dreams of getting married, and didn't see the appeal of a big white dress - probably because I was a bit of a tomboy, and also a very shy quiet child. I also think that for some reason I thought that if you got married you HAD to have a big princess dress. I remember telling my mother when I was about 13 that if I ever did get married (which I thought was unlikely) that I would have a goth wedding. I outgrew my goth phase (well, mostly), but there is a little part of me that would still love to have a black wedding dress

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww, you even have a mini-me!!

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

I never had any dreams of getting married. It was only a few years ago that I learned that apparently it's very common for little girls to dream about their weddings! I still find the whole concept a bit weird because it is so alien to me!

Anyway that is why I'm on here - completely clueless, need help!

• jenny18/11/11
    Rockstar November 2011
    jenny18/11/11 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds exactly like me Tina! I met up wit my amazing best friend the other day (we live in different cities), and she said she was happy to help out as much as I needed in any aspect of the planning - I don't think the poor girl realises what she's letting herself in for as I am totally clueless!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I'm another one who never really had dreams of the big white wedding as a child because I was too busy riding horses/mucking out horses/falling off horses. I know I always liked the horse drawn carriage idea but having done a lot of carriage driving that now doesn't seem so exciting so I really want to go one better & ride my own horse side saddle to my wedding ? As to the dress, well I guess it would always be big & white & a bit barbie marrying ken like when I was a kid. Instead, I'm marrying a bloke who is short & blonde not dark like ken & want to get married in pink!

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I don't remember thinking much about getting married but I probably always wanted a horse and carriage. I didn't have a dress or style of wedding or anything in mind.

Laura you should wear the same yellow dress!

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

I always dreamed of having a Tudor / Elizabethan style dress, and a winter wedding so that I could get away with a red full sleeved dress like Elizabeth I in this one:

Even now I'd still love to have the guts to have a dress like this...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I always knew i'd get married in the church my Mom and Dad and my Grandma and Grandad got married. And I always wanted a horse drawn carriage too.

When I was engaged at 18 (to someone else) I always thought my dress would be this kind of style, I even have a sketch of it on an old note pad:

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I never really had any weddingy thoughts. I was such a tomboy, my best friend growing up was a boy and we'd play in the mud with our cars or in his loft with wrestling figures etc. Until last month, I hadn't worn a dress in about 20 years although I'm not a tom boy now, just hadn't worn a dress.

I was engaged at 20 to somebody else and even then didn't go all mushy at the thought of weddings and didn't set a date, think about actually getting married or anything like that. It must be the right guy this time, within hours of getting engaged I was looking for venues and getting all excited lol.

I've always loved horses and horse drawn carriages but my Sister had one for her wedding 5 years ago and I saw how slow they are, my ceremony venue is 25 mins by car from my house, not a chance a horse could pull a carriage that far lol.

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

I always wanted an autum wedding, but wanted a dress like ariel in the little mermaid (When she marries prince eric!lol) Beauty and the beast is my fave film too, and I wanted a horse like Belle's horse Phillipe to arrive on. lol xXx

• Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Oh and I just found Belle's wedding dress!!! lol xXx

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

So relieved to see I'm not the only person who hasn't been dreaming of my wedding all my life!! Always thought I must be weird!

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

I always thought I'd be marrying in a red wedding asian wedding outfit.

Then later it was more the atmosphere i wanted....lots of sparkly lights and romance...bit like at the end of twilight.

• ruth23
    Beginner September 2011
    ruth23 ·
    • Hide content

I never dreamed about it either, never saw myself getting married in a big white dress! Though since I've been engaged I'm more than making up for it!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I've always loved the wedding scene in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. I love the idea of getting married in the forest in the autumn. x

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I never had dream of getting married when I was a little Girl and not many when I was actually getting married either ?

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I never really had a dream wedding either. In fact if we played at weddings at school I usually ended u as the vicar. I guess the only things I always knew were that I wanted my godfather to be part of the ceremony so it would be in church. He's a retired canon and one of the chaplains to the queen!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

I always thought I would be 21 when I got married, it would be in a castle, I would have a horse drawn carriage and would walk up the aisle to 'Suddenly' by Angry Anderson (neighbours!) never thought what kind of dress though...

We have had a look at a castle for our wedding, but was way way out of our budget, don't think were going for a horse and carriage any more, the song I now want to walk up to is 'amazed' by Lonestar and I will be 36 when I get married in 2012!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics