Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
VIP July 2024 Cheshire

Ex friends make me feel sick

Michelle, 24 of February of 2022 at 21:24 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 18
Well if you have read my posts in the past my plan has always been a wedding with just my h2b and our kids which everyone has always known. So we decided to book everythin and not say anthin but my two best friends found out and kicked of told my family now we dont talk at all to friends or family well one of my best ex friends has decided to get married around the time i am but what annoys me is she has only been with her partner for a uear dont get me wrong it doesnt matter about how long but she has never mentioned marriage i might be over thinking but it just feels like she has done this to get at me advice please x😭

18 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 26 of February of 2022 at 13:47
  • Kate7695
    Dedicated May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    First of all, no-one has the right to judge what you want your wedding to be. Big. Small. Elopement. It is a day for you and your h2b. The only thing people should feel is happiness for you. I am so sorry that your friends haven't given you the love and support you deserve. I think it is quite awful that one of your friends has made the announcement, seemingly to upset you. I don't understand why people do this especially to those they are supposedly close to. I know this may sound harsh, but as per my recent experiences with friends and family, the ones who really love you and care for you won't kick off. They won't shame you or belittle you or your feelings. The advice I would give you is to (if and when you feel up to it) maybe speak to you friend, ask her what is going on. If she treats you poorly or makes you feel upset, honey, walk away. It is a lesson I have learnt the past few months and irs hard and it hurts. But you have to look after yourself. Look to your family. Your h2b. Your children. They love you and will support you. If you ever need anyone to ever talk to, just message me. Xxx
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I think it is really spiteful and nasty of your ex friends to announce your wedding plans to your family. It is nothing to do with them and this was your news to share as and when you wished to. I know you are probably hurting right now but sounds like you are truly better off without these people in your life. Personally, I think I would be unable to ever move passed a betrayal of this nature and be friends with them again.
    As hard as it is try to stay focused on your future with your H2B.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi kate thanks but it has gone past tje stage of making uup the family wont talk to me the only one i speak to is my brother my sister and parents wont speak and my friends just walk past me like they have never met me before it just feels weird how she has chosen to get married around the time i am it could just be me thinking to much of it just feels weird x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks i just thought it was me putting stuff in my head but the timing feels like its to do my head in and get one over on me xx💗
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    Just wanted to send some love. I really don’t understand some people some times. At least you know who your friends are(n’t). I guess some people will always behave badly and best you can do is to ignore them. If she really has set her date based on yours then that’s her problem - don’t let it interfere with your plans and your happiness (although I totally get how that’s easier said than done!).
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jane at least i have my h2b an children just keep on thinking am i thinking to much is it in my head that she woud do this to get at me xx
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey, I didn't realise he situation was like that. I'm sorry, I really am. I don't speak to my dad anymore either because of issues to do with the wedding. If that is how they are treating you then you deserve more. They have no right to treat you like that.
    Regarding your ex friend... its strange. I don't understand her motive tbh. It could be a massive coincidence, but I know from personal experience when someone takes your date or is close to it, it feels really weird. 🤔 xxx
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely agree with you, it's incredibly hurtful and spiteful! They haven't acted like friends, spreading special plans like gossip just to get a reaction. It's really a horrible thing to do and they had no right.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you think i am thinking to much and its all in my head x💗
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You may be overthinking this - it's highly unlikely that your friend has decided to get married around the same time as you simply to annoy or upset you. Marriage is a huge commitment (and unless they are having a very basic ceremony, will also cost a fair bit of money) so I doubt very much that she has decided to do this just to wind you up. She may not have mentioned marriage before because she didn't want to talk about it until they were formally engaged. And the time may simply be what works best for them.

Even if she is doing it to annoy you, the best thing to do is to ignore it. So either way, don't let it worry you - just focus on your own wedding day and don't let concern about hers dampen your joy x

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks x but she was my best friend an has never mentioned it b4 and its going to be a big wedding so i have been told
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That still doesn't mean she's doing it just to get at you - if anything, the fact that it's a larger wedding makes that even less likely.

My OH and I got engaged after we'd been dating 10 months, so it doesn't always take years for people to move from dating to engagement to marriage!

But even if she is getting married out of some kind of competitiveness, that's her problem, not yours. Don't let it bother you.

• Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly, no I don't. Understandably you are upset about how your friends and family have treated you and I don't believe you are over thinking anything. 💕 Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks xx💗
  • Jane
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with this. Even if it is the same time, doesn’t mean she’s doing it deliberately - no matter how spiteful someone is, a (big) wedding is a massive undertaking and picking a date just because it will piss someone else off seems particularly difficult and petty. But, does it really matter?
    What matters is you and those you care about. If she’s the sort of person to put herself and her own wedding out just to try and hurt you - to me that shows she’s an incredibly petty person and one you are better off without. Learning who your real friends are (and aren’t) isn’t fun but at least you won’t have people like that at your wedding…
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks i know. my ex friend so i know how or what she can be like if you knew her you would understand x
  • Jane
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like you are better off without her. If she is spiteful and petty enough to arrange her whole wedding to try and get to you, I say - let her - you are better than that. Try and rise above and dont let her bother you. Just be safe in the knowledge you are the better person x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the advice x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics