Skip to main content
Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Family flowergirls

Kayleigh, 27 February 2022 at 16:56 Posted on Planning 0 5
Saved
So I have two brothers, one has 2 girls and the other has one. When we get married, my eldest niece will be 6 and her sister and cousin will be 2. I decided to have my eldest niece and MoHs daughter (who will be 8) as my flowergirls, but to keep my two youngest nieces involved have them dress the same and get the same gift, just not have them do the aisle bit. My SIL seems less than impressed by this, but the reason I'm not having the littlest ones walking the aisle is because the will both be (imo) too young to follow the instructions. I didn't want to upset anyone but I won't relax trying to make sure the toddlers girls are ok and happy as well as the flowergirls, then worrying about whether things will go sideways going down.

5 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 28 February 2022 at 16:03
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2023 Cheshire
    Michelle
    I think is perfectly fine your just thinking of the little ones which is totally understandable at least they will be a part of it still x I hope your SIL can understand how and why xx馃挆
  • L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066
    I have three nieces and when my brother got married in December my 2 year old niece refused to go down the aisle as flower girl but her 5 year old sister and their 3 year old cousin (my brother鈥檚 daughter) were both happy to walk down the aisle as flower girls. When I got married my five year old niece was two years old and she too refused to be flower girl for me at that age. It can be an incredibly daunting prospect for children that young. I hope your SIL will understand.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2023 Cheshire
    Michelle
    View quoted message
    That is true at such a young age it can be stressful for them and with people watching and how many will be there it can be quite upsetting for them hopefully her SIL will understand her feelings x
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin
    Are you dead set against it, or do you just not want it becoming an issue on the day? If the latter, you could always just say it would be lovely if they decide they want to on the day, but if not that鈥檚 fine and they can just stay with the parents instead. It鈥檚 a lot of eyes and pressure for a little one!
    My 2 nieces (9 and 7) walked down the aisle with my nephew (3) at my brother鈥檚 wedding a few months ago and they all loved it, and held hands all the way along. I鈥檓 hoping they will be just as cute at our wedding in a few months 馃槄馃槀

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte

I agree with Tamsin, if they do it then great but if not is not a big deal. they may surprise you and if mum or dad is visable at the end of the aisle they can encourage them and they will likely be ok. Also, get them to practice walking beforehand. My flowergirl will just be 3 and I am suer will not go perfect, but personally I think is quite cute if they do veer off and makes it less stuffy and people will smile but that is me and i get your own feelings may be more stressful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics