Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Beginner September 2023 Lincolnshire

Family problems

Shannon, 9 of August of 2022 at 09:10 Posted on Off Topic Posts 1 10

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I swear the most stressful thing about planning a wedding is other people? Everything i think is perfect for our small, low-key, simple wedding everyone else seems to think i'm doing something wrong because i don't want to do the wedding of the year and spend an absolute bomb, me and my partner just want to spend the rest of lives together as a married couple and we are not bothered about having this big fancy wedding.

10 replies

Latest activity by Jonas, 22 of August of 2022 at 10:19
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You're not wrong!

Announce that you're getting married, and suddenly people you haven't spoken to in decades start contacting you to tell you what you 'must' have at your wedding!

• Niamh
    Beginner September 2022 Northumberland
    Niamh ·
    • Hide content
    Omg tell me about it!! I asked for RSVPs back by end of June and I got the last back last week and now they’re all expecting me to sort accommodation for them all 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Can’t deal with the opinions of everyone else I’ve only 5 weeks left to listen to it though haha
  • Shannon
    Beginner September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhhh so it doesn’t ever stop ? I’m even more bricking it when I have to tell people that there are only 9 rooms in our venue so it I’ll be close family only to stay there but there’s a hotel like 5 mins away from us 😂 I’ve got until September next year to listen to it all 🙈
  • Niamh
    Beginner September 2022 Northumberland
    Niamh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have got a large extended family so I think mines worse but I actually have had to say “please read the invite” to a few people 🤣
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    This is one reason we are doing it with out people that way its how we want it and no one can say your doing it wrong just do it your and h2bs way its you whos getting married x💗
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

From experience I wish I hadn't told anyone anything! Everyone has an opinion, but the min thing to remember it is YOUR day and you do it YOUR way. Try to not tell people info that is not necessary and if you have made decisions you know may cause issues (we didn't invite cousins, which my mum went mad at) simply tell them and explain that is your choice and it is not up for discussion so please respect our choice, doesn't always go down well but you need to stop any kind of discussion over the reasons for your decision, as it is no ones business and just causes you more stress. Regarding accommodation just put a note on your invite to tell them details of hotels and advise that they will need to sort it themselves, I personally would not expect the B&G to do it for me, but some people are entitled! good luck, stay calm and do what you want

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely! The golden rule of wedding planning is to share as little information as possible! What they don't know, they can't complain about!!!

• Leanne
    Dedicated September 2022 West Yorkshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    100% I have been strict and of course been called a control freak for it ha ha
    Basically said this is where it is. This is what is being served as food, this is music and you can all like it or lump it, come or don't come up to you!
    Latest one I have is people who don't want to be in any photos (yet one of them does tale selfies)Listen you do you as at the end of the day with wedding is about you and your partner ✨️
  • L
    Savvy August 2022 North Yorkshire
    Lee-Anne ·
    • Hide content
    Yep I completely agree. We are having a very slimmed down wedding. Because the service for us is most important.
    My mum asked me who was dressing the room. And me answering that I was adding small decorations wasn't good enough. And after that we stopped telling anyone our plans. We didn't want the faf and carry on of keeping everyone else happy so we kept all plans between us.
    Keep your chin up and remember your day is about 2 of you x
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    You’re definitely not wrong! It is about you and your fiancé! I had a similar issue when We announced we were eloping. Everyone was upset, calling us selfish etc but they came round in the end and realised it’s our day and it’s up to us how we spend it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics