Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner February 2014

favour idea......wat do u think?xxx

kyla25, 19 September, 2012 at 19:32 Posted on Planning 0 16

So Ive been checking out favours online asnd switching thru ideas and if Im honest everything i come across seems like a waste of money or too expensive, I have been to a few weddings and forgot my favours and my friends have too, I know everyone isnt probably as dosey as me but I cant help but think theyre a waste of money!! So heres my idea, donate my favour money to cancer research (or different charities for male or female) and write a lil poem thanking them for their donation, or something along those lines.......wat r ure thoughts ladies?xxx

16 replies

Latest activity by tortoise, 20 September, 2012 at 23:34
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I like this idea.

My only thing against it, is I wouldn't want to be told a donation has been made on my behalf, I'd rather you just said, rather then spend money on favours, we've given the money to a charity that means a lot to us.

Do the donation on your behalf, not on behalf of the guests.

• hannahlock4
    Beginner January 2013
    hannahlock4 ·
    • Hide content

What about buying each of your guests a cancer research pin badge/wristband? That way they have something, you don't have to come up with a poem & the £ goes to charity?

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the others. It is a lovely idea and definitely worthwhile unlike a lot of favours.

• K
    Beginner February 2014
    kyla25 ·
    • Hide content

Thanx for ure input girls, Ive had a quick look online and they do badges and a place card but I like the idea of choosing 'our' own personal charity, never thought of the way u guys have put it....i thought of cancer research cuz thought it wouldve been a popular choice!!

Do u think my guests will be miffed if they dont get a favour?! how would u feel? xxx

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope not.

Mine aren't getting any!

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine aren't either! We're using our place names as potential favours if people want to take them home! A pebble from the beach with their name, and the date of our wedding on the back!

• B
    Beginner November 2013
    Bwatts ·
    • Hide content

To be honest at every wedding I've been to the favours get left in amongst the napkins/on chairs. This way you won't waste money and you could even pick a charity close to your heart, so it's personal. A friend of mine got married last year and she'd recently lost her mother, so she chose to donate to Cancer Research, to involve her mum in the wedding. It was such a kind thought and money well spent, as opposed to a couple of hundred quid on stuff that in all likelihood would not have been fully appreciated.

• sarah8286
    Beginner June 2014
    sarah8286 ·
    • Hide content

This is my idea too, favours to me is just a waste of money.. and i dont even like almonds haha so I am buying 25 breast cancer breakthrough pins (my grandma just recovered from it so this means something to every one in the party) and also 25 dementia pins as my other grandma recently died from this and she was so excited about my wedding even if she could never remember when it was.. Ive emailed both companies and they will post the badges for me in bulk so i dont have to trail around looking for them. I will write a little poem just explaining why ive done this just incase some of my oh family dont know the story but i think this is a better way to spend a few ££ rather than a few almonds or sweets

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I went to a wedding back in April and they had given donations in our names as favours and to be honest, I loved it. So original and it was a lovely touch from the bride and groom. I've got a photo but it won't attach, I'll try in a seperate post...

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

We did this and it seemed to go down well. We put a little card on everyone's napkins which said:

Instead of traditional wedding favours we have made donations to two charities which mean a lot to us - Anthony Nolan Trust and Winston's Wish.

Bride and Groom xxx

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

It won't flash, keeps coming up as a broken link picture :-S anyway it says...

A donation has been made on your

behalf to Cancer Research UK

to celebrate

the marriage of

***** & *****

28 April 2012

It was lovely x

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a lovely idea - I would love it if I went to a wedding and the bride and groom had done this, as it is much more worthwhile than the gratuitous thing you normally find at a wedding, which like others have said, usually get left by guests.

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Definitely don't like things being done on my behalf. I agree if YOU want to donate the money to charity, just say that, but pick a charity that is important to you and OH or it seems a bit pointless. A badge or wrist band is just as likely to get left as any other trinket favour. You don't have to do anything at all so nobody should mind if its not something they can eat or take away.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics