Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2023 Hertfordshire

Fed up!

Claire, 20 of August of 2022 at 19:50 Posted on Planning 0 4
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just need to rant! I just feel completely fed up already with certain family members with decisions about our wedding. First MIL has told us she doesn’t want us to invite certain family members for her own issues (not ours) and that it would ruin HER day. Then BIL has got the hump because my partner hasn’t chosen him to be his best man (he’s chosen 2 of his best friends) but hasn’t gone down well! Then I find out today that SIL (who is bridesmaid) isn’t attending my whole hen do and can only do half and MIL isn’t going to come at all! (haven’t been given reasons). Just fed up and can’t be bothered with it all anymore

4 replies

Latest activity by Randypivor, 22 of August of 2022 at 13:04
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    Those who want to be a part of your special days will make the effort. Those who don't wouldn't have added to it anyway I don't think.
    I have seen a few people say it and it took me a while to get used to it but no one is a excited for your wedding as you are. I have embraced it and done a lot of things on my own! I don't expect lots of people to turn up to a hen do for me, but that's ok as long as I have my sister and my mum who I know won't let me down.
    I'm inviting a few people my dad would probably prefer me not to but he will just get on with it, he's an adult and my dad and he wouldn't want to ruin MY day (not his...mine) Hope you get things sorted and don't worry! Enjoy what happens and make memories with those who turn up for you xxx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Welcome to the political minefield that is a Wedding! That said, it doesn't have to be that way. Regards your FMIL (and anyone jenelse who sticks their 2 pence in) absolutely shut the demands down now, or you will keep getting demands and it will only escalate. Your FH needs to politely explain that this is your day and you will invite who you wish and that he hopes she can be adult enough to see aside any differences she has with your guests in the day and be adult enough to not cause any issues and respect your decisions for your wedding. From experience, DO NOT tell anyone details about your wedding as they will try and tell you otherwise or have an opinion,which is fine, but it is not fine to force that on you and upset you. Same for the BIL, he should not expect a role and again, respect the decision your FH has made.yes they may be upset but what about your feelings? No one should expect a role, it is an honour to be part of someones big day and they shouldn't challenge your choices.

For your Hen, it is disappointing they you have found this out like this, but I wouldn't let it worry you, don't even try to discuss, just say ok I respect your decision, and don't enter into further discussion is what you want them to do. Please try and focus on you and your FH as that is the only.thing you should be concentrating on. Wishing you all the best
  • C
    Beginner June 2023 Hertfordshire
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you both for such lovely responses! I will try to ignore all the interference, try not to let it get to me and focus on our day. Xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry this is happening but its about what you both want not others and the people who care will be there for you x dont let others change yours and h2bs plans just try not mention wedding stuff wjen in company if people who are only out to change your mind and enjoy what matters x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics