Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Augustwedding13
Beginner August 2013

Final numbers...evening buffet..cater or how many?

Augustwedding13, 11 of August of 2013 at 18:47 Posted on Planning 0 9

We are meeting with our venue tomorrow regarding final numbers. We have 70 guests in the day (who will be having 3 course meal) and then an extra 50 guests in the evening, 120 all together. The venue have asked how many we would like to cater for the evening as not everyone will eat in the evening a d not everyone invite will turn up!

If we are expecting 120, how many would you cater for?

thanks xxxx

9 replies

Latest activity by Skeptical78, 12 of August of 2013 at 12:18
  • Meshelled79
    Beginner August 2013
    Meshelled79 ·
    • Hide content

We had no choice with our venue, we were told we had to cater for 80% of guests which is annoying as we are catering for 112 for the wedding breakfast and there will only be an extra 8 for the evening as some are leaving and others coming to make 120. We are sitting down to eat at 5 and the buffet is at 9.

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue recommended 75%. That's what we are going for but we have no additional evening guests and our evening food is bacon butties and is only about 4 hours post wedding breakfast.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Our venue also recomended 75% of total evening guests.

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

We've got our wedding breakfast at 5pm and evening guests arrive at 8pm, food served at 10pm 50 people in the day and 70 in total on the evening, we've gone for bacon rolls, wedges, samosas, pakora and we're serving the cake, we've ordered 55 portions of each, would rather have too many and not have guests go hungry though!

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Our venue has said we have to cater for 100% of our evening guests Smiley sad

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Our venue also said about 75% of all guests is usually more than enough.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

What are you serving as evening food? I think what you serve can make a difference how many you cater for.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    clareio ·
    • Hide content

Our venue said 70% but we have an evening buffet for 100 included and a possible 160 people in the evening, we're currently debating whether to risk not ordering any extras to allow for people not showing up/leaving before the evening etc. but i think we'll end up paying for some extras.

Also feel like theres a good chance people will eat before they come as buffet will be fairly late

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

We are paying for 80 guests as part of our package and as it stands currently we have 1 official extra evening guests with a few that might turn up so it could be about 5. I dont see the point in paying for 5 extra evening guests as 5 of our 80 are kids anyway who dont eat as much. I see a lot of weddings from the other side and 95% of the time there is always food left over which the staff get so I am not worried about running out of food.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Like others have said, I think general guidance is to cater for 75-80% of guests for the evening, BUT if you know that your friends / family are a bunch of gannets (like mine!) go for 100% catering. I am. I've never been to a family function where a scrap of food has been wasted; someone will eat it.

As long as it doesn't break the budget, it's always better to have too much than not enough, IMO.

I'm planning on taking any leftovers home in a doggy bag! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics