Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Finger Buffet for roughly 100 people

babyicebean, 11 October, 2009 at 18:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

Any ideas how much food is needed?

I am catering a party for the hubby and have no idea what quantities of anything is needed

Help!

3 replies

Latest activity by babyicebean, 13 October, 2009 at 21:57
  • A
    Beginner
    Angel2k ·
    • Hide content

Hi, will this help?

http://uk.geocities.com/*****@**********.***/Catering.htm

it gives quantities for a basic finger buffet for the number of people you need, you could also change a few of the items, e.g. swap sausage rolls for samosas etc depending on your guests. They have also given details of numbers of plates, napkins etc which would be a useful checklist for you. Hope that helps

Deb

• H
    HappyBlueDiamonds331 ·
    • Hide content

Hi when catering I allow 3 snadwiches or half rolls per person, so I would do 300 but then cut it down a little bit especially if you have children there, so I would do 280 pieces i.e. 1 sandwich and 2 half rolls. I divide that by the no of fillings so if I was using 4 fillings I would do 70 of each. That would be 210 half rolls (108 rolls cut into 2 - rounded up to 108 for easiness of buying in dozens) and 2 loaves as you can usually get 40 triangles out of 1 loaf. I would use brown and white by the way. You really don't need to do 100 of everything just cater for 75-80%. Don't buy frozen sausage rolls etc they are so time consuming, if you buy them straight from the supermarket you only have to open them and plate them up. Don't do big portions of pork pie etc, buy small ones and cut into four, same with scotch eggs, people only seem to want a taste not a great big bite IYSWIM if there is plenty of variety. If you need any more help give me a shout, but I am not here very often these days.

• Kaz_76
    Beginner September 2003
    Kaz_76 ·
    • Hide content

Mumsie, you sound like you know your stuff! I wonder if it's worth me posting on here to ask you what you think of my quantities I'm thinking of for around 70 people, 15 kids...are you around?

• B
    babyicebean ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics