Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2012

First 2011 project - Florist! How to choose...

Lillibet, 31 December, 2010 at 13:34 Posted on Planning 0 12

My first wedding project of 2011 will be booking the florist, but this is something that I have nooooo idea about. I'm not too into my flowers, and have no idea what makes a good florist other than whether I like the pictures on their websites, but thats down to my personal taste rather than their ability.

So do any of you have any tips on how to choose the florist? What should I be looking for, and also what are reasonable prices for bridal bouquets?

I've found one florist that I like the look of so far, but thats based on their website as much as anything, but I do love the style of flowers that they do... Its Vintage Flower House if anyone has used them or heard of them before?

Thanks much and happy new year everyone!

12 replies

Latest activity by bygeorge, 31 December, 2010 at 19:01
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Personal recommendations are by far the best way of choosing your florist. Speak to friends in your area who are married & ask who they used. Also Brides on here who have used local florists.

This may help you, when you have a meeting with florists. Some questions to ask:

Which flowers will suit the style of my big day?
    Whether you’re going for a modern or a traditional look, your choice of flowers should suit the style of your wedding. The expertise of your florist is vital here, so make sure he or she understands the atmosphere you want to create, so they can suggest flowers to match your vision. At your first consultation with your florist, take along any ideas you have and pictures of your dress and the bridesmaid dresses, so they can build up a detailed picture of your day.

Have you worked at my wedding venue before?
    If your florist is familiar with your venue, they’ll know which arrangements work best. If they’ve never worked at the location, ask if they’d be prepared to take a tour with you so they can get a feel for the place. Bear in mind that some venues will only allow you to use their own florist, so check before you set your heart on going with a particular person.

Can I see examples of your work?
    Looking through a florist’s portfolio is a good way to get an idea of the style of work they produce. However, it’s even better to see real samples of their work. Watch out for their attention to detail – are the flowers totally fresh and is the ribbon binding the bouquet stems tight enough? This level of care is vital and will make all the difference to the flowers on your big day.

Can you advise me about which colour scheme to choose?
    This largely comes down to personal preference, but your flowers should also co-ordinate with your venue. For example, if your venue has a distinctive red carpet you’ll probably want to shy away from choosing bright pink flowers. If you’re undecided, white is a safe bet as you’ll have a huge range of flowers to choose from, and it’s a classic choice.

Which flowers will be in season on my wedding date?
    Locally grown, seasonal flowers are always better value and of a higher quality than those shipped in from abroad. The time of year you’re getting married will therefore determine the flowers that will be available. For example, if you’ve got your heart set on lily of the valley, don’t get married in September as this delicate flower is only available for a few weeks in May and June. If the flowers you want aren’t available, your florist should be able to suggest similar alternatives.

Which flowers and arrangements are popular at the moment?
    If it’s important that your flowers are the height of fashion, check that your florist is hot on the latest trends. If they have the latest issue of our sister magazine Wedding Flowers to hand, you can rest assured your florist is as style-savvy as you are.

What bouquet shape would you suggest to suit my dress?
    A good florist will have images of the most popular bouquet styles, from trailing shapes to neat hand-tied posies. The one you choose should complement your figure and the shape of your dress. If you’re unsure of the best style for you, ask your florist’s advice and try holding a few samples to see which feels the most comfortable.

Can you transport my ceremony flowers to the reception venue?
    Altar displays, pew-ends and other ceremony displays can often be re-used very effectively at the reception, and doubling up like this is a great way to save money. Ask if this will work with your wedding flowers and, if so, make sure there’s a firm plan in place for transporting them.

Will you be designing your flowers or will it be one of your team?
    If you’ve built up a rapport with a particular florist during the consultation and are confident you’re on the same 
wavelength, you’ll want to ensure they actually design the flowers and deliver them on your big day. If they can’t guarantee this, ask to meet with the rest of the team.

Will you do a mock-up of my chosen arrangements?
    Your florist may provide this service at no extra cost, but be prepared to be charged a fee. You should do this close enough to the date of your wedding so you can try the bouquet with your dress, while leaving enough time to make any necessary changes.

Can I pop along to see you set up at your next wedding?
    Without doubt, the best way to judge a florist’s work is to see it in real life, so ask your florist if you can have a sneaky peek at the finished ceremony or reception venue before the wedding party arrives. Seeing their designs in situ and getting a glimpse of how a florist works under pressure will be the perfect way to make your final decision.

Are you doing flowers for another wedding on the same date?
    If your florist has a big team, then working on another wedding shouldn’t be a problem. But if you’d prefer one-to-one attention, it’s definitely worth checking.

Can you suggest ways for me to stick to my budget?
    A good florist should know how to produce designs you can afford, rather than insisting you spend more. Ask them to give you a detailed quotation at an early stage so you can negotiate where necessary.

Are there any hidden costs?
    When asking for your quotation, make sure your florist includes any extras such as travel expenses, vase rental, ribbons, VAT and so on. Also ask if you will be charged for any breakages.

When will the flowers be delivered? It’s important to talk about timings and addresses of where you want your flowers delivered. Is there a maximum distance they will travel? If you want your bouquet and buttonholes delivered to different locations, make this clear.

How long do you need to decorate the venue?
    Your florist may need access to your ceremony and reception venues much earlier than anyone else. If they plan to assemble large arrangements at the venue, it’s also a good idea to ask if they’d like an allocated room or space of their own, well away from where your other suppliers might be setting up.

Will you collect any vases or equipment after the wedding?
    Not many florists will want to hang around until midnight to dismantle your arrangements and cart their vases off, so make sure you confirm collection times. There is a possibility you will have to arrange to return any vases or equipment yourself.

When should I sign off my final flower order?
    Most florists will want the order confirmed six weeks before the big day.

How close to the wedding can I change my order?
    If you have a sudden change of heart after confirming your order, you need to know whether your florist is prepared to amend the designs and how much it will cost. Imported blooms will be more difficult to cancel at short notice.

When and how do I pay?
    Payment methods vary, so discuss details with your florist. Most require a deposit, with the remainder due a week before the big day.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I based my decision on price! I went with the cheapest and she was fab ?

Costs depend on what flowers you want. As it happens, mine were one of the cheapest flowers (gerbera). I was quoted from £40 to £65 for a very simple gerbera bouquet.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Recommendation is always a good start but failing that, have a look in the shop windows of local florists. Make a few enquiries, check around the shop whilst your in to see if you like the look of the items waiting to be delivered, do they have a good selection of flowers or do they look dated? If a shop has rows of chrysanths, carnations and nothing much else, chances are they don't stock anything out of the ordinary so their work could be a bit dated too. It's important to 'gel' with your florist and also that they understand what you want and what your budget is. Ask to look at their previous wedding work too - every florist should have a portfolio you can look through - if they don't, then chances are, they aren't passionate about their work as most florists love to show their work off. Price wise, there are prices on my website which are valid for next year and 2012 which should give you a good ball point figure. Mine are all artificial flowers but fresh flowers won't be too far off in comparison. Hope that helps.

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all that info Sherrie, will be saving that for when I meet some! Unfortunately I don't have any married friends in this area, I'm the first! I'm in Sussex, just in case any B2Bs have recommendations on here ?

Gerberas are my favourite flower! Didn't know they were one of the cheapest too so thats good to know! Another flower that I want lots and lots of is Gypsophela which I think is another cheap one, so hopefully they shouldn't cost the earth then!

ETA - Just re-read this, note to self for future- Cut down on the exclamation marks lol.

Thanks RainbowFlorist, thats a really good idea about the style of flowers in the shops. Will have a look at your site for prices and ideas ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Gypsophelia is a good filler to bulk out the flowers & would be cheaper. One thing with Gyp they don't have a very nice perfume!

You could use fresh Gerbera with dried Gyp. These are artificial but have the dried , bleachd gyp in them:

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh nooooo, can't you just put a load of perfume in the water before the wedding or something?? Hehe, I literally wanted it like everywhere, but not if its gonna make the place smell awful!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

One thing i noticed on costs when comparing was the cost of the mens buttonholes. I wanted a single gerbera and nothing else - no foliage. Some florists were charging £5 each and upto £10 for the ladies corsage. My florist charged £1.50 and £5 for the corsages.

So look at compare the costs on some of the other flowers as bouquets seem to be s pretty standard price.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Here are some pics of Gerbs & Gyp or Baby's breath as it sometimes known:

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Yup, unfortunately some varieties of Gyp smells like cat pee Smiley sad But you can get waxflower which gives a similar effect but with a larger flower and doesn't smell.

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

☹️ Will look into using the dried stuff then methinks, as was thinking of doing the gyp displays for the reception myself to save a few pennies. Its just such a delicate little flower, look how amazing it looks with the pink gerberras, sooooo pretty!

Just googled waxflower though, tis v pretty and love that it comes in that pinky/purple too so will deffo ask the florists about using that instead in the bouquets ? Is it as cheap as gyp? Or is gyp just cheap cos it smells of wee?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? No it's born that way LOL! It's just one of those flowers that smells unfortunately. There are a few flowers that don't smell nice but not many thank heavens! Waxflower is pretty cheap too! To be honest, the best gyp (still smells but has a larger head than the cheaper stuff) which is normally used for weddings, I used to order specially and that isn't very cheap really. The cheaper stuff has only a very tiny bit of fluffiness on the head and weak stems so it tends to die quickly and the stems keel over very easily too.

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Ok, here goes, this is the guide that my florist sent me. It is very long and some may not be relevant to you:

Choosing Your Florist

Initially you can tell a lot about a florist from their website which will save you

some time. However pop into the shop and make an appointment. How

helpful are they? Has the designer set aside time for you or is she being

distracted by what's going on in the shop? Does the florist know your venue

and if not is he/she willing to visit with you. Ask them if they will do an

arrangement for you – you may have to pay for it but you will be able to check

out the finish and attention to detail.

Personally, I love to sit down with my brides and have a good chat over a

Cuppa. This way we can walk through your wedding and it can get both the

bride and groom very excited. It also helps to decide what is really important

to the bride and groom.

The more ideas you can give to your florist, the better, but don't be too rigid.

He or she will want to make your day truly special and they may have ideas

that you had not considered which will give your wedding flowers the magic

touch.

Consider the costs

Certain flowers can be expensive. However a good florist

should be able to suggest alternative flowers that are kinder on your purse.

Bear in mind Valentine's day, Xmas and Mother's day. There is more than one

day in the year as many countries celebrate at different times.

mind that flowers, especially red ones, go up in price radically onMother's day and Valentines day and Christmas

If you have fallen for a flower that is expensive then use these sparingly.

Questions to think about.

What do I want to achieve?

What do I want the flowers to say?

What do I want my bouquet to say about me?

Do you want to go for an elegant look, understated look or

Something strong and bold?

All these answers will affect the price up or down. Don't worry if you do not

have an endless budget – cut costs where it matters e.g. You are only in the

church for half an hour so just have a couple of tall arrangements and spend

the money on your bouquet and the reception flowers.

Here are the general guidelines to the shapes of bouquets and the dresses

and figures they suit.

A shower

This is a big trailing bouquet where the flowers cascade like a waterfall. This

suits tall and fuller figures with full-skirted gowns such as ballerina or princess

and dresses with a long train.

Over the arm

This bouquet is most often minimalistic and would include flowers such as

calla lilies, which have a natural flow and curve. These are best for slim

figures, outfits with lots of detail; long and slinky dress styles. This bouquet

can also be carried in the hand facing down – good for posing shots...

Hand-tied

This suits medium heights and builds; bias cut dresses, an understated,

modern look. The best way to hold this bouquet is facing out or down by your

side with the flowers to the front, otherwise they can look as though you are

holding a colourful piece of cauliflower or broccoli!

Tear- drop

This is a traditional bouquet similar to the shower however it is more shaped

as it's name suggests. Again it suits fuller figures, traditional dress styles, and

A line skirts that flair from the waist.

Pomander

This is a great fun bouquet, which suits the petite figures, short or calf length

skirts, and 1950's style halter-neck dresses.

Trailing

This is more of a streamline bouquet, quite often using philanopsis orchids

and bear grass. This suits a taller figure helping to draw the eye down. Suits

long dresses with long trains; A-line skirts or a fishtail style.

A Wedding Flower Plan

This next section will help you jump start your thinking as to what you need

and where -

Personal Flowers

Flowers worn or carried by the bridal party and other family members are

called Personal flowers. This is probably the best place to start. All eyes will

be on the Bridal Party at least for the ceremony so it is a good idea to invest a

good proportion of your wedding flower budget here.

Bride's bouquet

Many brides have two bouquets made; one to carry throughout the day and

take home to preserve. The other, “ a tossing bouquet”, that goes home with

the single woman who has beaten the competition to catch it. For some

brides, the bouquet is packed with symbolism and includes flowers that have

a special meaning; a type of flower carried by her mother in her bouquet; a

flower that played a big role in her relationship with the groom; or a flower

native to her country. Often a bride chooses a “signature flower” that

dominates her bouquet and is echoed in all the other bouquets and

arrangements. For other brides, the bouquet is simply an accessory, which

complements her dress like a piece of jewellery.

Bridesmaid's bouquets

A bridesmaid's bouquet can be a smaller version of the bride's bouquet or

made up of totally different flowers that complement or contrast with the

bridesmaid's dress. Nowadays anything goes and you may prefer to have

each of the bridesmaid's bouquets made up differently, especially if they have

black dresses.

I once did a bride's bouquet of mixed gerberas in yellow, orange and cerise

pink and the bridesmaids had a bouquet each of one of those colours – it was

really funky!

If you have a matron of honour you may wish her to have a slightly bigger

bouquet. In contrast if you are having any flower girls you may wish them to

carry a very small bouquet or pomander depending on their age. Flower girls

of 5 – 8 love a wand with a simple bloom attached to it or flowers in children's

hair are pretty. A 10 year old may not appreciate a wand so a bouquet may

suit her better. A small basket or paper cone of petals to throw in front of the

bride as she walks into the ceremony is a lovely touch.

Flowers for your close female guests

Traditionally, important female members of the bride and groom's families

(such as mothers, grandmothers and sisters or children not included in the

bridal party) have worn corsages to honour and distinguish them from other

guests. The flowers in the corsages often differ from the bridal flowers as they

are chosen to match the guest's outfits. Nowadays, quite a lot of people opt

for a more elaborate buttonhole than the men's but is lighter than a traditional

corsage. You can ask your florist to use

about damaging the outfit. Corsages generally have been worn on the left

lapel or on the hat in the past. Nowadays fascinators are the in head-dress.

Bag corsages are great for clutch bags but make sure your florist has the

correct measurements so that it fits snugly on the day. For young ladies, the

wrist corsage is a wonderfully modern accessory to complement the latest

fashions. An alternative to a corsage is a single flower stem or a tiny hand

held bouquet. You could choose a brooch or a flower pin or something

symbolic to your wedding – such as a beach wedding- a shell; a candle in a

church or for an evening wedding- a Chinese lantern. Flower necklaces and

anklets are also becoming more popular for a summer outdoor wedding.

magnets for these if you are worried

Flowers for the hair

I always warn my brides on flowers for hair as the head is the hottest part of

the body and many flowers will wilt quickly. Avoid flowers with soft fragile

petals such as anemones, poppies, rosebuds etc. Go for orchids, freesia,

gypsophila and or alstroemeria. Nowadays most people go for single buds,

which are wired and can be attached with Kirby grips by the hairdresser.

Buttonholes for your close male guests

Buttonholes can be as simple as single flower tucked into the buttonhole. A

more elaborate design may include a grouping of herbs tied with a matching

ribbon, unusual greenery or acorns; it may be again something symbolic such

as using chillies if the groom has a love of cooking or a shell if the couple met

on the beach or just a buttonhole that matches the bride's bouquet. All the

male members of the bridal party should wear a buttonhole of some kind –

these include the fathers, grandfathers, brothers, ushers and pageboy or ring

bearer. You may also want to give a buttonhole to the wedding planner,

master of ceremonies, musicians or anyone who has helped with the wedding

as a way to recognise and honour their role.

Flowers for your animals

Nowadays it is increasingly more common for couples to bring their pets to

the ceremony. Whether it is a dog or a horse make sure your florist does not

use any flowers or berries that could poison your pet. The most common

adornment for your dog is a garland that can be attached to their collar or

lead. Make sure the garland is loose fitting and can be easily taken off if the

animal becomes upset. For a horse a simple corsage or a single bloom can

be neatly attached to the bridle.

Ceremony and Reception flowers

Flowers at your ceremony help set the mood for your day. The nature of your

ceremony will dictate your flower scheme. If you are having the ceremony in a

church, castle or stately home, which are generally very grand and beautiful, a

few carefully chosen arrangements will create a stunning overall look. At an

outdoor wedding in a garden in bloom, nature takes care of almost everything

and you may not need very much more than that. If you are tying the knot in a

modern hotel it makes sense to go with modern minimalistic flowers such as

the calla lily or orchids. You may wish to keep your guests surprised and have

two different themes if you are moving your guests to a separate location for

the reception. Once you have decided on your location check out if the

church, castle or hotel has a flower policy. Some places have their own florist

and don't allow another florist in or it is more likely that the flowers will be part

of their overall package. In my experience if you have already chosen your

florist and you do not want to use the venue's florist simply ask for a refund or

ask if you can use that allocation on something else such as food and

beverage. You may find that there is more than one ceremony at your church

– it might be worth asking if you could share the costs of the flowers

especially if you are not moving the flowers on to the reception. Some venues

also have restrictions on the size of the arrangements, they might not allow

candles and some even will not allow fresh petals to be scattered as it may

stain their stonework. It is better to ask these questions first before making

plans.

Ceremony Flowers

Entrance

An arrangement on or over the door to the ceremony site is a nice way to

define the space, welcome guests and set the tone for your wedding. Arches

or garlands over the gate or entrance to a church are impressive. If you are

working to a tight budget a door wreath or a couple of flower - filled buckets

might be a better option.

Aisles

You may be walking down an actual aisle or creating one in an open space.

Either way, you can create an aisle of flower petals (the more the better) or let

your flower girls do the work as they walk before you.

Seat or Pew ends

If your ceremony site needs a little more embellishment, consider using an

arrangement on a pew or the chair at the end of each row. Something as

simple as a large single bloom such as lily or a peony tied with ribbon maybe

all you need. Ask your florist if she can gather these up after the ceremony

and make them into another arrangement or VIP the ladies toilets – she may

charge you a fee but its worth it! If you are working to a tight budget you may

want to consider ribbon bows down the aisle instead. For more formal

ceremonies you may want to use pomanders tied with velvet ribbons – these

again can be moved and put on tall vases to create an impressive buffet table.

Altar Area

If there is no obvious “altar” space at your ceremony venue, you may want to

create one by using a flowered arch, circle or canopy. The flowers in this area

will echo the overall feel of the wedding. A single orchid stem in a ceramic

vase is the perfect choice for a Buddhist ceremony table, while a big formal

church wedding may call for towering urns of cream coloured roses. In my

experience one or two large arrangements whether pedestals or free-standing

candelabra is a statement in itself. You may want a long and low arrangement

on the table where you sign the register and this can be transferred first to the

car, then to the traditional top table at the reception. Candles are a great way

to create a mood at any ceremony and are a relatively cheap option.

Transport for the Bride and Groom

You may wish to decorate the vehicle, which is taking you back to the

reception. Whether your mode of transport is a horse and cart or a vintage

car, garlands and corsages can jazz up the look and surprise your guests with

a bit of laughter.

Reception Flowers

For most couples, the reception is the party of a lifetime. It celebrates their

marriage and marks the culmination of many months of planning. They want a

reception to be unforgettable, to bring together loved ones and to unite two

sets of friends. When it comes to floral decoration, the possibilities are

endless, and, whatever your budget you are working to, its possible to create

a memorable and imaginative reception. Guests spend more time at the

reception than the ceremony so your reception arrangements should have an

impact

the WOW factor!

Do not feel that the flowers at your reception need to match your bouquet or

the bridesmaid's dresses, it is much more important that they suit the style

and colours of the venue. Contrast the colour of the walls to your table

arrangements. If you are outdoors, use interesting containers that will draw

attention to the arrangements as they compete with the natural surroundings.

If you have a small budget use fruit and vegetables, candles, fairy lights or

lanterns.

Entry Table

If there is one spot where a big showy arrangement can sit, it's at the

entrance. A guest book can be left there for people to leave their happy

thoughts of the day – and they won't miss it, if there is an impressive

arrangement to catch their attention.

Guest tables

The practice of adorning tables with flowers, petals or herbs dates back to the

Romans and still exists today. The newly-weds' table whether it be formal or

round, should be different and more opulent to differentiate the bride and

groom from the other guests. Table arrangements should either be low

enough to talk over or higher than eye level so as to not interfere with

conversation. At this stage I would ask yourself two questions. What do I want

to achieve? Do I want my personality to shine though with these

arrangements? This can be done with height and colour. A single

arrangement in a container is one way to go, but several single flowers

clustered in different containers or lined up in a series is a great alternative.

You may also want to put a single flower or a small bunch of flowers or herbs

on each napkin or plate in addition to or as an alternative to, a table

arrangement. Hurricane lamps with candles creates a lovely mood and this

can be complemented with a mirror plate to sit on and petals scattered around

it. This is not only romantic but creates more light from the reflections.

Chair backs

A single flower or small arrangement tied to the back of the guest chairs is a

nice detail. You can do this on a wooden chair or if you prefer you can cover

the chair with a white slip which gives a polished finish. If you don't have the

time or money to decorate each chair, keep this idea for the Bride's and

Groom's chairs and or table

Marquees

One of my favourite areas to decorate is a marquee or a tented room. It gives

the florist “carte blanche” to create something from scratch. A bare or covered

pole is an opportunity for garlands, hanging lanterns or strings of fairy lights.

I once divided a large marquee into two rooms by creating an arch full of

various white flowers. This not only looked romantic but led the guests

through a special area and into the dining room which had tall arrangements

and specialist lighting.... magical...!

Bar area

In Scotland we like this area...therefore a tall vase with a beautiful

arrangement on it might not only be unsafe here but probably will not be

noticed either. So I would go for a subtler look, such as a few scattered petals

on the bar at the beginning of the day. A great way to surprise your guests

throughout the evening is to freeze little flowers, herbs or fruit into ice cubes

or bottles – it will keep them talking for many months to come.

The Cake

A cake is the centrepiece to the room other than the top table and again

depending on the design, you can more or less let your imagination run wild.

Many florists know and work closely with cake designers as with caterers so

always ask for recommendations. Some cake designers prefer to arrange

their own flowers but if not, make it look special by scattering some petals or

rose heads around the base of the cake. A simple 3-tiered cake can have

various arrangements on each level to create movement to the eye. Fruit such

as grapes, berries and even nuts are a great embellishment to any cake

especially one that is made from cheese rounds.

Completing the Jigsaw

Lighting

I cannot emphasise the importance of lighting – the whole ambience of the

wedding is determined by how comfortable and attractive the lighting is. This

can be done in several ways by incorporating your table designs to have

candles – this could be a high candelabra with a trailing floral arrangement or

a modern vase design with some well placed tee-lights around its base. You

may want to adorn Christmas tree lights around bannisters or hung from

curtain rails. Most ballrooms or modern hotels have lighting that can be

dimmed and some can spotlight each of your table decorations from the

ceiling which greatly enhances the floral arrangements.

Years and years ago I was inspired into the florist's world having seen how a

venue had been done up for “Barclay's bank” - all the flowers were in their

corporate colours of orange and purple and the arrangements were also pin

spotted and colour washed in the same colours – it was truly magnificent!!!

This is what inspired me to change my career to floristry and why I am so

passionate about colour and lighting.

If you are lucky enough to be able to include a lighting or production team,

there are no limits as to what you could achieve. From a flambeau as a

dramatic entrance to a finale of fireworks. You may want to project images of

stars or moons onto the walls, or change the colour of the walls. These

companies can supply a wide range of equipment including sound systems

but essentially they can capture your special moments such as the first dance

or the cutting of the cake and highlighted forever.

Finally Linen

Table Linen is the final piece and equally as important as the lighting and of

course your floral arrangements. Most hotels supply white tablecloths as

standard however nowadays there are many event supply companies who

have not only tablecloths but also chair covers and napkins in various shades.

My preference for a tablecloth is one that falls to the floor, however these can

be expensive and two square ones crossed can look good too. Make sure if

you are ordering chair covers from another supplier than that of your venue,

that they know the shade and size of the tablecloths. The number of times I

have turned up to do the table arrangements and found that the chair covers

are ivory and the tablecloths are white...

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

You can't go far wrong with Sherrie's list! Gyp does smell pretty bad, but I would say that it shouldn't put you off too much if you really want it....assuming it only goes in to your venue on the day it shouldn't be too overpowering!!

Where abouts in Sussex are you? I work in Hampshire but regularly cover Sussex so may be able to help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics