Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bride26
Beginner July 2012

First dance alternative

bride26, 6 August, 2011 at 23:00 Posted on Planning 0 10

Just wondering if anyone is having a different somewhat rocky first dance song? My fiance and I quite enjoy rock music (he being an ex drummer) and me a rocker in my teens ? Id love to have Creed - my scarfice. The lyrics are lovely, which i beleive are about Jesus but i suppose can have different meanings for different people..

We are thinking of getting dance lessons so we can do a "proper" dance, no-one would ever expect that from us and we would love it to be special.

Anyone?

10 replies

Latest activity by ebony_rose, 7 August, 2011 at 15:41
  • R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

It's about what you both want and if this song reflects your personalities then go for it! We had a Creed song at my sisters funeral, cos they were her fave band, that way it was more than just a formality, it meant something. I'd go for it, I've been at weddings with lots of different genres of music as a first song. Me and OH talked briefly about dance lessons but they were out of our budget. Plus the first dance is the bit we're most terrified about! x

• bride26
    Beginner July 2012
    bride26 ·
    • Hide content

Aww i can imagine that was very moving, its different when its personal ? DF and i are no good at dancing really, but luckily our good friends are dancers so may be able to instruct us a bit! fingers crossed! haha x

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Im in 2 minds as well about rock. Rocks my favourite music and I love def leppard so wanted "love bites" but I know some people will look at us gone out. But to be honest I not bothered as its got to mean something to us. Iv told my OH to just stand still because hes got 2 left feet and looks gormless ha. I had my 30th birthday party last month and he got the dj to play "wifey" by next played for me which I love and he nearly had me on the floor 3 times which made me worry about our first dance. But if he just stands still he'l be aright ha xxxxx

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

We have also discussed this our favoured choice of music is rock/metal/industrial/rock synth stuff and we only had this discussion yesterday too about making it personal to us.

What we've sort of decided on (for now) is to have a slow song (I also like swing music Frank S and Michael B etc) and we will have a song by Michael B to start us off then break into one of our favourite bands song (in this instance it will be Rammstein). This definately means something to us and all that know us know that we met each other through the love of this band so for us having them somewhere in our first/second dance was a no brainer (even when its not suitable/traditional/expected) we don't care its our marriage and our love for each other and our love for the band haha.

I'm thinking for my father/daughter dance to have Metallica 'Nothing Else Matters' or their version of 'Whiskey In The Jar' myself and Dad love this band and these tracks Smiley smile

Good luck in deciding, but remember its for you and your OH (make it as personal or not as personal as you like) X

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

We're having Nothing Else Matters for our first dance. But you can have anything you want. I'm trying to persuade my OH to learn a basic waltz to impress eveyone, but it's just a bit of fun (and we're not having music and dancing anyway so it will just be for a few pictures really)

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it Smiley laugh I'm walking down the aisle to this, it'll be very emotional anyway but with this beautiful song playing I'll probably be a bit of a mess haha ?

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    birdboo ·
    • Hide content

I've always loved the idea of using AC/DC's You Shook Me and just having a bounce around like we always would normally rather than dance. We're having a first bounce on the bouncy castle rather than a first dance.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We are in the same boat but have now decided on a more traditional song now- we cant picture just the two of us bouncing around the dance floor to Finch!

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    mrs jenkins 2 b ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding recently and they had a rock band for the night and there first dance song was bon jovi-bed of roses

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

H2B and I are both also into rock and we're walking out to Everlong by Foo Fighters ? as we're getting married abroad we might also have Everlong as out first dance for the party when we get back home too, we love that song.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a first dance. Neither of us "do" dancing, so would feel like a couple of right idiots dancing when we really don't want to.

We decided to have a first "mosh", with our 4 kids instead. Not sure to what song though, as my OH likes tame stuff compared to me. He likes QOTSA, and i'm more of an In flames kinda gal. Could be interesting...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics