Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

first dance songs - the lumieers

20 December, 2012 at 14:37 Posted on Planning 0 5

Ey guys

me and my h2b have decided we want a fairly upbeat song for our first dance...maybe something quite folky / pop

We both love the Goo Goo Dolls and would love an upbeat one from them (not Iris because, although i love it, i think its very popular at weddings!) also mumford and sons, matchbox 20, (rob thomas) x

At the moment we both love The Lumineers OH HEY...just wondered if any one else has any ideas?

thank you xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Pinky6, 20 December, 2012 at 17:43
  • Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content

We considered having Hey, Soul Sister by Train. Neither of us are ever going to win any awards for dancing though, so think we'll go for something more suited to a 'shuffle' while all eyes on are us and then play it once everyone is up and dancing with us!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Do lyrics matter to you at all, or is it more the tune/liking the song?

I only ask because the line that springs to mind in the Lumineers song is "I don't think you're right for him, look what might have been" so i've always assumed the song was about unrequited love/being with the wrong person, which I know might really bother some brides/grooms.

If lyrics aren't really an issue, there will be loads of great ones around- let us know and i'm sure someone will have great suggestions Smiley smile

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

We thought about Ho Hey, but like PP said, there are some not so appropriate lyrics, and actually when you try dancing to it the tune is a bit awkward, it starts off quite slow and isn't very easy to dance to. I think Hey Soul Sister is a good suggestion.

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bridejuly2013 ·
    • Hide content

We are having Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition ? we both love the song and it means a lot to us, we don't care that it is more upbeat than usual.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I love this song. I think you can read too much into lyrics, Adele's make you feel my love is one of the most popular wedding songs over the past few years despite having the line 'I know you haven't made your mind up yet, but I will never do you wrong..' in it.

If it's right for you then go for it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics