Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2011

First Dances

Sawah, 20 of July of 2010 at 12:28 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hey Ladies

What will you all be having for your first dances? (im sorry if this post has already been Done ?)

Will any of you be having Father Daughter dances? If so what song will you be having?

Sarah

18 replies

Latest activity by May2be, 21 of July of 2010 at 09:21
  • mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

Our first dance is westlife i want to grow old with you , will be a hug n shuffle affair , my father has refused point blank to a father daughter dance

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My first dance will be shuffling around lol I'd love do a funny dance routine like you see on youtube but cant dance for cheese lol

• H
    Beginner October 2008
    haltonmummy ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Me and Hubby had Elton John's "Something about the way you look tonight" for our first dance, then me and my Dad dances to Silence is Golden by the Tremeloes which was his and my Mum's first dance - it was lovely

• Gen28
    Beginner August 2010
    Gen28 ·
    • Hide content

My first dance is going to be a hug n shuffle to i'll stand by you

and we were meant to have a father daughter dance to changes by ozzy n keely osborne seems weird but its mine and my dads song and its about moving on.

xx

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

Im struggling to get oh to do the hug n shuffle, id love to do one of the "dances" but honestly think oh would have a heart attack lol, did debate sitting him on a chair and doing my own little dance lol

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I would love my father daughter dance to be Luther Van Dross dance with my Father - I know it is sad and about a dying father but I love the song and knew before I met OH that I would have it at my wedding. I am trying not to cry now as I think of it so it has a real impact on me!

Slightly off topic but.. Is there a set time when the Father / Daughter dance is meant to happen?

Our first dance song is still "If I aint got you" but I am debating whether we need something happy - both our songs are about loosing loved ones! Eeek.

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

Our first dance is Al Green - Lets stay together. I love it and after a bit of practice dancing in the kitchen I have managed to get H2B in a bit of a rythum for slow dancing!!! He has got 2 left feet and was jumping around all over the first time tried!!!

I hadn't really thought about a father daughter dance. Something to think about.

I would think that the father daugther dance was supposed to be after the first dance? But I'm not sure.

• M
    Beginner October 2010
    mrsmiller2b ·
    • Hide content

Our first dance is going to be either Hoobastank - The Reason or Michael Buble - Everything (polar opposites I know)

We're having a father/daugther dance, however we're undecided on what to dance too. I want something upbeat as me and my Dad are both a bit nuts, we're thinking about getting something choreographed to this www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn1CXbf2xF8

My friend got married a few years ago and her father/dauighter dance started with a waltz to Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne - Changes then it broke into Black Sabbath - Paranoid. It was ace and had everyone rolling around laughing x

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Chasing Cars for our first dance.

And then the last song will start off being my father daughter dance but will prob end up everybody dancing. That one is You'll Never Walk Alone.

x

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I was having a think about this last night and I spotted someone else saying they were having Amazed by Lonestar, I had a wee listen and fell in love with it Smiley smile

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Al Greens' Lets stay together but a special recording byt OH's band. (he arranged this before he even proposed!!!)

• E
    Beginner September 2010
    enelya ·
    • Hide content

We are being greedy and having 2 first dances.

First waltz in my wedding dress - Katie Melua, Closest thing to crazy.

"spotlight dance" in my party dress - Queen, Crazy little thing called love.

All my friends and family know that jive dancing is my obsession at the moment, but i can't do it in my wedding dress, so this is our compromise!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Love these posts! We're having (after aaallllooooottttt of mind changing) 'we have all the time in the world' but by the fun lovin' criminals, not Louis' original version.

Sadly my Dad is no longer with us but I think the Father / Daughter dance is absolutely lovely - if you can have it I'd say have it ?

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're having this ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

We're doing the Mother/Son and Father/Daughter dances with a twist.

I'm going to dance with my son and my H2B is going to dance with my daughter. If I can convince my son, I would love to dance to No Matter What by Boyzone as it reminds me of when he was born but he's at that 'oh Mum, you're so embarrassing' age at the moment so he may not.

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snap. Good choice of song ?

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

Our first dance has had a lot of debate over it. I couldnt decide whether to have lonestar or bryan adams. A friend has lonestar for theirs, so then decided to walk down the aisle to lonestar as i still love the song.

We settled for Bryan Adams - Heaven

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

My fh has chosen our first dance (the one thing he is allowed to decide completely alone!) and he has informed me that he has decided on from the heart by another level. I discussed a father/daughter dance with my mum the other day and she said that dad would love the way you look tonight by tony bennett x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics