Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner April 2013

fishtail hoop under dress- advise needed

rosie2013, 3 September, 2012 at 16:44 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everybody,

This is my first post so here goes!! I have found my dress and i was wondering what my choices are when it comes to a hoops for a fish tail dress? At the shop i tried on the dress without a hoop and it looked a little flat but then when i tried a fish tail hoop on with the dress it looked too much. Do hoops come in different widths? I like how the dress looks on this model- how does she manage to get the fish tail shape to look just right?

All hoop advise is welcome!!!!!

love

Sarah x

10 replies

Latest activity by *Pugsley*, 4 September, 2012 at 18:14
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Lucie, have a similar style dress to you + was wondering if I should have a hoop as think need a small one. keep me informed if you find a good sized one please! :-)

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

This is my fishtail, it looks flatter on unpinned but the lady in the shop said in the picture it has probably been sewn so it fits tight all the way down to mid calves and then you should get the flare out.

I find hoops annoying and itchy and can barely stand them on for 10 minutes never mind a whole day and night.

Hope this helps Smiley smile

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

Oggers - I adore this dress!

I wore a hoop with my trumpet shaped dress. I wasn't sure whether I'd wear it or not but in the end I did and I'm so pleased I did as I think the dress looks so much more flattering on me in the pictures where I was wearing it. I took it off after the ceremony before we had our meal and forgot to put it back on. I really wish I had because it was hard to dance without it and the dress got really dirty - I think it would have held it off the floor more if I'd put it back on.

I have one for sale on the sale board if you decide to go for it.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

PIC DELETED

Please excuse the strange look on my face. I didn't know my mum was taking a pic! Ive had no alterations so it is a little long.

• Snowby
    Beginner September 2013
    Snowby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hear hear! Can I ask which designer it is?

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

Its a Mori Lee ?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Aww, thank you! You've made my day ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles