Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CupcakeQueen
Beginner January 2011

Flash if you are brave enough!

CupcakeQueen, 14 of December of 2010 at 20:54 Posted on Planning 0 12

Are you/did you bother with special wedding night lingerie?

I dont know whether too, I am a 40F and finding nice underwear can be challenging and I cant decide if I can be bothered or if its worth it?

Flash yours if you want to aswell!

12 replies

Latest activity by Celia, 30 of December of 2020 at 10:33
  • CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

By the way I mean the item- not you in it!! ?

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

Haha I ordered mine today from Debenhams.

Mines really simple and lacey so nothing super sexy, but I'm going more for elegance and comfort.

Shorts, suspender belt and lace stockings I've ordered:

Don't need anything for the top as my dress has a built in corset ?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Seeing as I'll be in a corset anyway...

But I was thinking of getting these:

And some fishnets...:-)

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I've bought this bra, but without the suspender belt and I have the shorties instead of the thong. Got the matching garter though!! Originally bought the most gorgeous basque, but the boning showed through my dress and the lace peeped over the top!!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lovely! where is it from?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you can give us a bit of advice - my daughter's dress is very beaded and 'nude' looking at the top and has built in bra support but you can see these through the dress and someone mentioned something called a 'wasp' ? It's sort of a corset without the bra that you can put a skin tone strapless bra under IFSWIM cos the dress is a 'V' plunge neckline with beaded straps so she can't wear a normal corset and the back of the dress is a lace up too.. any ideas?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I've gone for some frilly red knickers from FairyGoth Mother, simular to Jude Clarks for the day, probably with no bra as don't need one.

I also dropped on a very cute white corset in La Senza for £7.50 with the knickers for £1 on Friday and so I have them. Can't find a pic but they have a little bow in the middle of the corset an on the little G String which I am planning on wearing for the evening, or maybe even the evening after the wedding when we are in our hotel waiting to go on honeymoon. This is the pattern of the bottoms, but they are in Ivory.

ETA: This is the top, with detatchable straps and suspender straps:

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have this too! I've got some silky knickers to go with it...it wont go under my dress but may change into it if I have any energy left at the end of the night, otherwise I'll take it on honeymoon with me!

I have also bought a plain ivory strapless bra in case I want to wear one under the dress, otherwise I'll just wear the ivory knickers during the day. Dont have a picture I can flash of them though!

xxx

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Knitting_Vixen! I bought it from a shop called Leia, but the set is by Fantasie so probably available in most department stores. The style is called Ava Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content

I really wanted this but have just gone to order it on the Ultimo website and it has disappeared! Debenhams have sold out of my size, i will be gutted if i cant get this!!

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Pollyjean - I've had my eye on that one for a while too! Keep looking at the Ultimo website though, as last time I looked it was full price on there so it may have disappeared to come back shortly in the sale section? Also, don't stop checking Debenhams either, as they do restock. I really want it, but can't quite bring myself to order wedding lingerie 20 months before the big day! Plus I know I'd wear it beforehand hehe as I can't stand strapless bras and had never considered a basque as strapless underwear before! ?

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lillibet, I have just had a look at the alternative wedding lingerie on Ultimo and it actually looks like the same stuff or very similar except it is no longer modelled by Kelly Brook! I have emailed them to find out if it is coming back into stock so will keep you posted! I think it is gorgeous!

http://www.ultimo.co.uk/shop/bridal-satin-basque-removable-gel-754?clid=851

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics