Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2019

Flat wedding shoes

LuxuriousPinkDecor833, 5 of January of 2018 at 12:30 Posted on Planning 0 8

Whats everyone thoughts on flat wedding shoes?

Im 27 and like to think quite a glam girl but shoes are a big hate point of mine.

Im 5ft 11 and hate it, If i could get 5 inched chopped off my legs i would trust me ️?️.

Buying shoes are a nightmare i can never find the right pair, they are all too high or too low. On a night out i go with my heels but sometime feel like people look at me as i look too tall.

My partner it slightly taller than me without heels but when i have them on i am taller than him. So for my wedding i was thinking flat shoes. I dont want to be taller than him on the photos but first off i cant find any nice glam flat wedding shoes, second i mentioned it to a colleague in work who said OMG, you cant have flat shoes on your wedding day no matter what

Whats everyone's thoughts and has anyone seen any nice flat wedding shoes.

8 replies

Latest activity by SunnyYellowCakes98201, 11 of January of 2018 at 14:18
  • G
    Beginner May 2019
    GinAndBling ·
    • Hide content

I'm the same height as you, although my H2B is 6"7.

I'm planning on heels for the ceremony and day, then flats for the evening. I've seen some lovely pairs on etsy and Charlotte Mills.

Lots of my friends have worn flats for various reasons- I wouldn't worry about it!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Remember that with most wedding dresses your shoes will not be seen I know that is not the full story as your shoes may also be a part of how you feel but I have seen quite a few times where my bride has worn heals that make her taller than the groom but to compensate I can see that she is slumping/ stooping - only very slightly and no doubt unconsciously but I can see it through the camera.

Other times I have seen that the bride has stepped out of the shoes under the dress ( I see her suddenly bob down 4 inch after a quick shuffle ) but then the dress is not sitting correctly at the floor because the length has been fitted with heals, doesn't matter on the dance floor which is where I have seen ugg boots, converse, trainers and those light up ones.

• R
    Beginner July 2016
    RomanticPurpleFlowers963 ·
    • Hide content

I can second Charlotte mills I got my wedding shoes from there. I had heels and flats, I usually never wear heels but they looked so pretty and I am a lot shorter than all my bridesmaids so I wore heels for the ceremony and some photos then swapped to my flats. French Sole also have loads of beautiful flats including a range with hearts on the toes which are very bridal.

It’s your wedding day, choose the style of shoes you want. They can hardly be seen underneath your dress anyway.

• H
    Beginner March 2020
    HappyBlueDecor981 ·
    • Hide content

I'm about 5'10, same as my h2b and have decided on flats. I don't really want to be towering over him and none of my bridesmaids are taller than 5'6. No one's really going to see my shoes under my dress anyway and would rather be comfortable. Plus I've got stairs to walk down during the ceremony and with my clumsiness, flats seem a safer option!

Go with whatever you are most comfortable in Smiley smile

• R
    RomanticPurpleBride228 ·
    • Hide content

Check out the David's Bridal USA website, the UK David's bridal shops carry a large number of the shoes, they just don't have them online. I bought the Crochet Ballet Flats, which I think were £40 (USA shops don't add tax until you pay).

• B
    Brian-Mcculloch-Glasgow ·
    • Hide content

Its better not to listen to your colleague and do what you think is the best as this is a very special day of your life. If you feel that flats should be the choice for the day then, so be it.

• R
    Beginner
    RomanticBlueConfetti879 ·
    • Hide content

I'm the same height as my OH and taller than my friends... I will absolutely be wearing flats :-) Do whatever will make you feel comfortable... If being taller will make you uncomfortable it will show in your posture, which I think would be a worse thing than not wearing heels :-)

• S
    Beginner July 2018
    SkyrimBride ·
    • Hide content

Go for the flats if you want. I'm wearing flats for my wedding, partly cos they will be so much more comfy than heels, partly cos I found a gorgeous pair brand new in a charity shop for £4 and partly cos I have 2 small children to run round after. A friend said I had to have heels for my wedding but I explained that I don't have to have anything on the day and if I want flats then guess what I'm wearing. If it makes you comfy and happy, go for it, it's your day.

• S
    Beginner September 2018
    SunnyYellowCakes98201 ·
    • Hide content

I have arthritis in my feet so I have no choice but to wear flats, but even if I did have a choice I'd probably still go for flats. I'm going to be on my feet all day and I want to be comfortable - I have no intention of being in pain on my wedding day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics