Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

curvygirl77
Beginner September 2013

Florist - when should you book

curvygirl77, 1 August, 2012 at 13:50 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello fellow hitchers

Just some advice needed on when you should book your florist? I am getting married 14th September 2013 so was wondering how early you should book?

I am being told to chill out by parents and OH on the topic of wedding planning but I am so excited I can't! So I am using hitched to satisfy my thirst lol ?

Thanks!

9 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 2 August, 2012 at 07:20
  • porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married 15th September this year, and sorted the florist around Christmas time I think. I dont think now is too early, some florists only do one wedding a day, so if this applied to the florist you wanted you might be stuck if you leave it too long. I would start by getting a price from 3 or 4 for exactly the same thing so you can compare costs and pick one. You can always change what you want down the line, I added roses to my bouquet a few weeks ago that I wasnt having before.

• Trouble_gb
    Beginner September 2013
    Trouble_gb ·
    • Hide content

Hi Curvy girl!

We are date twins!!!!!

Also I have booked my florist and did that about 3 months ago but I'm super organised but I also know that the one I wanted gets super busy.

I would say do you know which florist you want?

If yes then I would book - what is the harm

If not then I would identify some florists and type of flowers you want then meet with them to discuss your requirements and costs ( I also found florist prices vary greatly)

Hope that helps xx

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    KeepitFluffy ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married next june and I booked my florest around a year before my wedding date. She didn't seem to think it was too early, in fact she already had plenty of other 2013 weddings booked in, so I would say its not too early. I also booked a load of other stuff like my venue, transport and photographer about a year and a half before my wedding date.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I would say around October/November time this year at the latest. If you are wanting fresh flowers, as mrsjaytobe says, probably sooner as most florists will only do one average wedding per day and Saturdays get booked up quite far ahead. With fresh flowers, your florist will probably only be able to give you a 'ball park' figure until a bit nearer the time. You won't need to let them know what you require until much later next year but the most important thing is to secure a date. With artificial flowers, next year is also very busy. May and September time are the busiest months of the wedding year for florists (not too hot, not too cold!) so these months tend to get booked up first. If you want some ideas of prices for artificial for next year, there are lots of designs on my website below together with prices. Fresh bouquets aren't a million miles away price wise unless you go for luxury blooms such as calla lilies or orchids which will probably be more expensive than artificial. Hope that helps.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I only ordered ours a month ago and we are getting married this month.

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I have a meeting with a florist tomorrow and my wedding is 6th September next year. They are the florists which the venue are hiring for the centrepieces so I thought I may as well go and have a chat and see how much they charge. Then there is still time to shop around for a couple more if I decide to.

I would rather get it sorted asap then its done. I would sort the cake out now if I wasnt being so indecisive about it.

Its not like you are creating your final table plan a year before the wedding (although I have drawn up a rough seating plan and a rough outline for the table plan assuming everybody turns up)

Its your wedding so do it how you want to. You will be the one with a big smile on your face when it comes to a month before the wedding and all you need to do is tie up some loose ends.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I guess it depend which florist you want to use.

Living in London most of the florists we have short listed tend to be bigger (that have designated event studios in addition to their shops) so 6 weeks in advance would be plenty of time to book but as others have said some smaller florists may only do one wedding per day and get booked up a year in advance.

• curvygirl77
    Beginner September 2013
    curvygirl77 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks peeps thats really helpful advice. I have got a florist who was recommended to me so she is first on my list and will probably get round to talking to her in the next couple of weeks, also my SIL has given me the name of hers. I assume that most florists will give you ideas and help you come up with some suggestions? I have a few ideas but not sure if they are viable!

PS Rainbow Florist you have some absolutely gorgeous designs on your website!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Mine was booked about 4 weeks ago. I marry in 6 days and reception is in 17 days.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw thank you! Yes, most florists will have a portfolio of their work the you can browse through and if you take some pictures of bouquets that you like too, she can come up with some ideas for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics