Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Georgina
Curious August 2022 East London

Flower Ideas

Georgina, 18 of June of 2022 at 21:34 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hello everyone!

I got engaged this year and we are having our wedding in August, we decided to have it this year as we are moving abroad so I have limited time to plan and save!
I’ve got my dress, my venue, paid the caterers etc. We are having our reception at a place in East London which is already decorated with plants. There is plants hanging from the ceiling which makes the venue really beautiful. BUT, I’d really like to add some flowers. I’ve looked at florist prices and I think they are really overpriced for what I’d like.
I’d like a wildflower look on the tables, and thought about going and buying loads of different bouquets of flowers the day before the wedding and just mixing them all up for the vases on the tables. Has anyone done this before?
Has anyone got any ideas of how to decorate their venues in a way that is cost cutting, DIY and pretty? Any ideas are welcome. I’m just looking at cutting costs really.
Thanks! G

5 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 19 of June of 2022 at 15:10
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    You could try places like poundland and b&m see if they have cheap vases or glass candlle holders and the flowers are cheap from the super marketsx💗
  • Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't want to have to deal with the stress of arranging flowers the morning of my wedding so unless you have someone you trust to do it for you I would suggest artificial or dried. Florist have tricks to keep flowers looking fresh, so it's a risk that they may wilt if you buy them the day before.
    IKEA are cheap for vases.
  • Abigail
    Dedicated March 2023 Northumberland
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    Charity shops!! Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it! They are Aladdins cave! You can pick up all sort of quirky items which will look beautiful on a wedding day.

However on flowers, I’m not much help.. very expensive and I can’t find any decent artificial that aren’t through the roof 😬
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Nether thought about charity shops x💗my favourite places
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony venue was decorated with flowers from a local garden put into jam jars - it looked beautiful! And zero cost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics