Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner January 2022 North Yorkshire

Friday Wedding

Lucy, 12 of May of 2021 at 23:03 Posted on Planning 0 21
Hello,

Has anybody else booked their wedding for a Friday or had theirs on a Friday? We have decided on a venue but can only afford a Friday and am just wondering if I should expect less people saying yes! I know it’s tricky for those with school aged children etc but wondered if people’s experiences are if it goes wider! Thanks X

21 replies

Latest activity by Lucy, 21 of May of 2021 at 08:27
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve booked our wedding on a Thursday. We picked the May/June half term (our grandchildren are flower girls and page boys) to try and mitigate any issues with children. We ended up being really lucky in that the Bank Holidays have been changed next year (done after we booked) so the Thursday we get married and the Friday after are both bank holidays - this is to do with the Queen’s jubilee.
    Sending out save the dates would also give people plenty of time to make any arrangements/book time off work etc that they might need to do.
    Our save the dates went out a couple of weeks ago and quite a few people have already confirmed
  • Jasmine
    Curious August 2023 Norfolk
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    Ours is booked for a Friday and no one has said it will be a problem yet. We aren’t getting married until 2023 so people have ages to ensure they can get the day off work if needed. We also have chosen a date in the summer holidays so any children/students can make it. Definitely worth the money off the price of our venue for the sake of getting married a Friday instead of Saturday! Even the wedding planner at the venue said Fridays are just as popular as Saturdays now and they usually sell all of them out
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jasmine, yes Fridays seem to be pretty popular at our chosen venue too so seems to be the norm now! Ours is closer but hoping that being off season people will mostly be able to come.
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that was lucky and will look forward to that long weekend! We didn’t manage to get half term but crossing my fingers most will be able to come
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We booked a Thursday and pre-Covid, all our guests had said they could come.

On our actual wedding day, we were missing two guests who couldn't attend due to childcare issues - normally they would have been fine, but Covid regs meant they couldn't leave their kids with any of their usual childminders, so they couldn't come.

• Rachael
    Beginner October 2021 Wiltshire
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content
    We had to reschedule our Saturday wedding to a Friday as the venue had no availability until 2022, other than a few jokes about time off work everyone should be attending as planned.
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yeah I think people are more understanding in these times, thanks!
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes sense, hope you had a lovely day! ❤️
  • J
    Beginner June 2021 California
    James ·
    • Hide content
    Nice one it really good
  • BlueBride
    Savvy September 2021 Leicestershire
    BlueBride ·
    • Hide content
    We've booked ours on a Friday purely because that particular day marks 10 years of us meeting to the date. So it's special to us. With it being at the end of September the 6 children invited will have to take the day off school and the people that work will have to take the day off work. We've had 62 confirm with only 1 person saying they'll have to pull a sicky from work that day and another couple awaiting childcare confirmation. See what September brings but so far so good for people understanding Friday weddings in these days. Good luck with yours and your attendees 😊
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s lovely! We didn’t actually choose our date for this reason, but it will be 1 year on that weekend from the proposal so it’s nice there is meaning actually! Ah that’s a good response for you, hope you have a lovely day ☺️ X
  • L
    Beginner October 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    We have booked for a Friday in October half term 2022. I liked the idea as it was cheaper than a saturday, people only have to take one day off work and they have plenty of time to arrange the time off. Didn’t even consider a saturday as couldn’t afford it and if people don’t like it then they don’t have to come and it’ll save us £100 per head if they don’t🤣
  • Amy
    Curious October 2021 Cambridgeshire
    Amy ·
    • Hide content

We have a couple of people who won’t be able to come as we are getting married on a Friday, they are both teachers. Everyone else is happy to take the day off, the teachers can’t unfortunately.

• L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Yes definitely ☺️
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I think it will mainly be teachers as you say and we don’t have too many on our list so went for it! I hope you have a lovely wedding
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha very true!
  • Romanticpurplediamonds32382
    Dedicated April 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Romanticpurplediamonds32382 ·
    • Hide content
    Im booked mine for a Friday and my bridesmaids kids are coming to my wedding they will just get there last mark at school or something
  • Michal
    South Yorkshire
    Michal ·
    • Hide content

I get lots of weddings on Fridays, a popular day and often cheaper comparing to Saturdays.

• L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks yeah my nephews and nieces are going to do the same ☺️
  • L
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely, that’s why we’ve gone for it in the end-there was quite a big difference!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics