Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2022 East Sussex

Frustrated with other half

Anne-Marie, 10 of March of 2021 at 07:17

Posted on Planning 38

Is anybody else getting frustrated with the other half in regards to the planning of the wedding or is it just mine? We aren't getting married until July next year but I am starting to plan now because of Covid some weddings can't take place this year as couples want so they are wanting to move it...
Is anybody else getting frustrated with the other half in regards to the planning of the wedding or is it just mine?

We aren't getting married until July next year but I am starting to plan now because of Covid some weddings can't take place this year as couples want so they are wanting to move it to next year and he just isn't getting why I've started planning and contacting suppliers early. Some of the suppliers are already fully booked for our dates.. sorry for the rant but its frustrating lol x

38 replies

• Nisha-Jasmine
    Curious June 2021 Cambridgeshire
    Nisha-Jasmine ·
    • Hide content

Good luck to all of you, I knew wedding planning could be stressful but pandemic wedding planning so much worse! We were due to get married 28th August last year and postponed because the numbers of attendance were only 30 which meant we wouldn’t of been able to have children, plus ones or aunts and uncles attend so moved it to 16th June this year.

We’re now faced with the same position as last year only 30 people well in fact it’s 28 plus us and we’re hoping to get Marr outside but if we have to be married indoors we have to include our photographer videographer and harpist as part of our numbers so yeah very stressful! We were lucky enough to be offered an alternative date but all suppliers were free but our caterers so that didn’t work out.

On top of that we can’t do regular traditional things like have giant games or even bouquet throwing due to the touching element thanks to Covid and everyone has to be sat in household bubbles which makes it that we can’t have ice breaker games as an alternative! Also be mindful that whoever you choose as witnesses they have to be seated together in a bubble so you basically have to split family up in a really difficult way!

I’m coming up to 36 and my fiancé 38 so we delayed starting a family last year because I’d like to wait for after marriage before having children just a personal preference.

So what we’ve done is paid for our videographer to live stream our ceremony so that plus ones and aunts and uncles can all watch online and done a trivia quiz as part of our order of the day booklets and paid for afternoon tea gift bags for those tuning in online and in person goody bags for those attending.

We were due to honeymoon in Mauritius but that’s now changed to Cornwall because of the self isolation issues. So yeah overall if you want a wedding like you see in the movies, delay for as long as you can in order to have the regular traditions!

It’s quite frustrating that we might still be faced with more issues for our day but the main thing is that we’re together and keeping positive. Oh and btw yup my fiancé still hasn’t done anything about suits or cake the only two jobs I gave him lol and we’re less than 3 months away!

Much love to you all through these difficult times

Xxx

• Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in June 2022 and our venue and all suppliers were booked by the end of 2020!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had the same issue! Getting married in July 2022 and a lot of the hotel type venues we looked at (virtually of course!) were getting booked up back in Dec 2020 and as we wanted a Saturday in July we felt quite pressured about it all in Jan and Feb this year. In the end we went for a totally different type of venue (local car and aviation museum) and it was a relief to get it booked in and secure our date. Good luck to all

• Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I meant I had booked them by the end of December. It’s probably people like me that are the reason you were finding everything booked! ? my OH thought I was planning too early, but I’ve got everything sorted, right down to the seating plan (provisional, obvs!) I know the weeks leading up to the wedding will be busy, so I just want to take away as much of that stress now as I can!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes Melissa, I thought you meant you had found a lot of places were already booked when you approached them! Now I understand!

I think people thought I was being a bit too organised (but that's me lol). We have booked the venue (which will include catering), registrar, DJ and cars. And we have sent Save the Date cards out too. I am looking at photographers now.....also getting told they are booked for our date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics