Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2013

Fuerteventura - anyone been to know what its like as a honeymoon

Neg22, 27 of June of 2013 at 20:18 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

We are getting married in October and need to keep the honeymoon to a tight budget. We just want two weeks on a beach holiday but med is to cold. Anyone been to Fuerteventura before? Its the option my fiancée is keen on, I am worried its so windy? Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by MichelleM85, 6 of August of 2013 at 11:05
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Yea I have been! I believe Furteventura has the best beaches in the canaries, nice and sandy (being volcanic islands many of the other beaches are rocky)

Corralejo is quite nice and has lots of bars and restaurants to choose from,

• emsy_gurl
    Beginner May 2014
    emsy_gurl ·
    • Hide content

Hi there :-) we have been to Fuertaventura in June. It was lovely! We went to Corralejo and I was pregnant at the the time so we wanted somewhere relatively quiet and hassle free. There was no rowdiness and plenty of nice restaurants to choose from. It is windy, but not annoyingly so. Also, it gets very hot so the wind actually keeps you cool. I found he sun very strong there, and my partner (who is olive skinned and never burns) got burnt on our second day there! There are some lovely sandy beaches to choose from and the surfing is excellent there, if you wished to learn!

• MrsDaysh2b
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsDaysh2b ·
    • Hide content

I went to Corralejo in March this year - if you're into star-gazing, check out a company called Stars by Night. It's run by an English woman and they pick you up from where you're staying, take you to a really lovely restaurant off the beaten track where you'll have a typical Canarian tapas meal and meet the astrologer and then they'll take you to the viewing site where they set up a telescope and talk through what's in the sky that night.

I went on it and found it was so beautiful, it was so romantic being out in the middle of nowhere just seeing so many stars in the dark sky and although there were about 8 of us, it felt like it was just my fiancé and I......perfect!

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

The weather can be a bit hit and miss in October. I used to travel there regularly as I have family out there and sometimes it was good, sometimes not but it is better than England!

Go stay in Corralejo but not all inclusive as all the all inclusives are making the town completely dead which is a massive shame as there are some lovely places to eat and drink. For beaches try the dunes as they are a bit nicer than the ones in the centre but also a bit of a trek. For restaurants go to Avenida which is nearby to Bristol Playa Hotel. Massive steak and chips, plus garlic mayo and bread and it is really great value for money!!! Cant remember what road it is on exactly but it is the road opposite Calle General Prim, (a bit further up away from the town) from the main Hiperdino. I also enjoy La Tasca on the main street for Italian.

For live music visit Rock Cafe, Rock Island and Brisamar but for the latter two, make sure you go after 9.30 or it is completely dead!! Rock Cafe is always heaving once evening hits.

For cocktails go to Blanco which is just a bit out of the way but really lovely inside. Not sure on the atmosphere though, it does seem dead early on but if you dont mind that then definitely pay it a visit.

For hard rock pay a visit to Ace of Spades in the Atlantico Centre.

For a laid back view visit Banana Bar on the seafront.

For lunch on the beach visit Waikiki as they often do special deals.

Hope this helps!

• Bride2Be732
    Beginner August 2013
    Bride2Be732 ·
    • Hide content

I have been before and loved it! I went with a few of my girlfriends right after school so we stayed in a place not the nicest but it was good enough. Beaches were just lovely. Highly suggest going there.

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MichelleM85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we stayed in Corralejo in February this year and even then we had great weather, the sand dunes beach is amazing, powder white sand, very windy though! Lots of bars and restaurants like the others said so you won't be stuck to find somewhere for your wedding reception, it's a gorgeous island, would make for great pics Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics