Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2022 West Midlands

Getting married on 11th September 2022 - uk

Joe, 14 of June of 2022 at 14:57 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hi there,

We are getting married on 11th September in England. Didn’t put two and two together when we initially booked it as there were only a few Sunday wedding to choose from in September.
Is this an acceptable date? Not seen too much posted online for issues based in UK (mainly US thoughts)
Many thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by Ostira, 28 of June of 2022 at 12:16
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would say it is fine. As someone who was directly impacted by 9/11 I wouldn't find it an issue as you are not American and it did nott impact on you or family then it shouldn't be a consideration

so many awful things happen in the world and there are lots of significant dates but you can't let it play into your decision, unless it has significance to you, It is your day and you do you x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Agree with Chartlotte on this one its the date thats best for you like she said there is so many dates where sad things have happened we just need to remember that they would want you to be happy even if you dont know them and you thinking this shows you care x💗
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Agreed with the above. Every day in the calendar is a day which holds heart-breaking memories for someone. Unless someone connected to you or whom you plan to invite to the wedding was directly affected by 9/11, then I don't see any need to avoid it. (And think of all the couples who got married on that date in the years before - are they never to celebrate their wedding anniversary, just because it is now also the anniversary of a terrible act of terrorism?)

• D
    Savvy January 2023 Lancashire
    Daniella ·
    • Hide content
    Unless you or someone you’re close with was impacted personally then you’re fine. That would be like me being worried as I’m getting married April 15th.. the day the titanic sunk haha. Honestly you’re fine, don’t worry about it xx
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    I would say it is fine. My fiancés parents actually got married on September 11th 2001, on the day it happened and they only knew when they came back from the registry office. Unless you or someone you know were impacted by it, then it’s ok. Like people said above, many dates in the year are filled with awful situations but you can’t let it sway your decision unless it’s connected to you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics