Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Singleton

Gretna Green anyone?

Mrs Singleton, 19 July, 2010 at 07:05 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello ladies I am Hayley I am 30 and have been with John for 12 years and and we have been engaged for 10 years and we have a 3 year old son called Harry.

I hope its ok to join you.

We have made a desicion for the three of us to get married in Gretna Green probably the registry office.

Anyone have any tips for me, I havent got a clue where to start......

Thank you xxx

9 replies

Latest activity by miss_r, 9 August, 2010 at 14:31
  • W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

I got married there back in April, although we got married in one of the blacksmiths workshops. You may find there's lots of different websites - we booked through the Gretna Wedding Bureau and did a customised package which included a photographer. If you're after a registry office wedding, contact the Gretna Registration Office.

Hope this helps.

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, we used these too and married at the mill house, the package included a car, photographer, meal, photo album next day and we married in a lovely little chapel with about 40 guests.

Highly recommend it!

Andrea x

• Mrs Singleton
    Mrs Singleton ·
    • Hide content

Its just the 3 of us was thinking about just literally having the wedding with us three and 2 witness's (who on earth would I get to be a witness) then us three have a meal all very low key and simple for us and keep the cost down.

I have no idea where to start how much roughly would a simple basic registry office no car no photo just the service cost? xxx

• W
    Beginner
    Wicket ·
    • Hide content

I know with my package, I was able to include witnesses. Could you phone up the registry office and see what they say? They might be able to organise some for you.

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

?

Just wanted to say congratulations. ?

Not very helpful with the Gretna Green wedding but if your looking for Scotland way and just the three of you. Have a look at this.

They can arrange witnesses etc for you and I think it looks beautiful. Me and OH were going to do this until his mum said she couldn`t let us do it as she wants to see her only son get married. So im currently organising the big white wedding. ?

https://www.weeweddings.co.uk/

HTH xx

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

You could put a shout out on the wanted forum for witnesses int he area. I saw another one a while back for Brighton and I think a couple of fellow hitchers helped out Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner
    miss_r ·
    • Hide content

Hello I am new to hitched,

we are thinking of getting married at Gretna Green too, I haven't arranged anything yet so hope to hear from other brides2be that are getting married at gretna.

Look forward to hearing more about weddings there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics