Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Savvy August 2022 Greater Manchester

Guest arrival time

Anna, 22 of February of 2022 at 23:52 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Hi,

I'm just looking at the timeline of the wedding day and wanted people's experience of guest arrival time.
If we book the registrar ceremony for 12:00PM should we request guests to arrive at 11:30AM, or should we be asking them to arrive earlier than this?
Thank you 😊

5 replies

Latest activity by Anna, 26 of February of 2022 at 09:14
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Ours is at 12 and we have said to arrive for 11.30 and guests to be seated by 11.40, but maybe ask your registrar for guidance on timeline as they may only allow 5 mins for seating so you dont want everyone hanging around

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Ours is at 1pm and we've been playing around with the invitations (incredibly early!) - thinking we'll include an order of the day on the reverse that says something like this:

Please arrive at 12:30 to be greeted and seated.

13:00 Ceremony

13:30 Drinks & Canapes

etc.

I'm also planning on having the Ushers in communication with the Bridesmaids as I'll be getting ready on site, that way if it's nearly 13:00 and they're still faffing with the guests because everyone arrived closer to the start time, they can tell us to hold fire on approaching the aisle for 5mins or so!

• Hannah
    Dedicated September 2023 South West London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hi Anna,

I'm Hannah from the Marketing team at Hitched and the Community Manager on these forums!

I think allowing guests to arrive half an hour before is a good time. If you include words such as 'promptly' or 'please be seated by 11:45 am' means that guests know that there is no wiggle room for late-comers (although we are allowing a cheeky 15 mins for them to arrive if running slightly late!)

I hope this helps! Please do reach out if you have any further questions

Hannah x

• xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great way to word it! Must remember this.

• A
    Savvy August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Anna ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you for all the advice 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics