Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Curious October 2021 Essex

Guests pulling out disappointment

Frances, 15 of October of 2021 at 23:03 Posted on Planning 0 7
Hi everyone,
Wedding is next weekend & I've had 3 day guests (aunt, uncle & cousin) pull out telling me Wednesday & today. Had 2 evening guests pull out yesterday too. Just feeling a bit deflated & disappointed - I know they’ll be more. Have you got any tips to not let it get to me when it happens? Thanks! 😔

7 replies

Latest activity by Nathalie, 19 of October of 2021 at 12:55
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Don't focus on who can't be there - focus on who can be!

It's inevitable that some people are going to have to drop out, especially with Covid. Don't take it personally.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Think the best thing to do is remember as long as your other guests are there thats all that matters dont let it stress you out and just have an amazing day its your day after all x💗 Hope you both have an amazing day x💗
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

I think we're going to have the same experience too... I'm trying to avoid being too disappointed by reminding myself that, as long as neither my fiance or I get Covid, we can still get married!

• Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having the same. Because ours falls half term people have now booked to go away. Their loss!
  • F
    Curious October 2021 Essex
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just had another one that’s 6! But my cousin assumed he could bring his 2 children to the evening when I didn’t write their names on the invite so it’s balancing out now. 😂
  • Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had lots of that too! I panicked initially but with the declines I was ok. I’m coming in now under the room capacity. We’re not having a big day function, it’s just us and the kids on a Thursday afternoon. Then having a big party at the weekend which happens to be Halloween 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    I was advised to expect 10% drop out rate - I know it must be disappointing but remember it’s not you, so try not to take it personally x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics