Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
Beginner January 2012

Hair cut

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 20 December, 2011 at 10:43 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 37

1. I have just streaked the dye from a patch test down the side of my face.

2. I need to decide on my new hairstyle. Currently, near waist length (when straightened), long side fringe cut in at jaw level. Before wedding lengths I had a Victoria Beckham bob. Do I go back to this? I really want the shortness but remember the horror of having to style it every single morning.

Who's hot in the haircut stakes at the moment?

37 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 20 December, 2011 at 22:53
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Not me. I look like a mad hippy.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

1. Did you mean to get it down your face....? I'm naughty, I never do the patch test.

2. I think going from waist length to a bob could be a bit of a shock to the system. I did it once and never forgave myself. Long hair is a lot easier to manage if you can't be bothered to style it some mornings. How about a compromise; go for just below shoulder length for now with some layers in, then go shorter in the New Year if you still fancy the bob.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this!!!

um, how about shoulder length messy choppy layers? still shot ish and less faffy?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Go shoulder length. My hair was just below my bra strap and I recently had it all cut off to above my shoulder and I HATE it!!!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I went from long to "pob" a few years ago and liked it for about two weeks. the other thing you forget is how often you have to have it trimmed when it's short. It looks a mess after about 3 weeks. I can go 10-12 weeks without a trim t the moment.

I need hair help also. I colour it myself but currently have lighter roots than ends... how do I fix this? It looks dreadful.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Speaking from experience, keep the long hair.

I remember having a bob just after the wedding, I HATED it and haven't had it cut since!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Id say go short. I had my hair cut after the wedding and love it.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I agree. Don't go too drastic all at once. Shoulder length with soft layers would be nice, especially as I remember you saying the ends had a bit of a curl to them.

As an aside, how did you manage to grow it so long for the wedding? Did you trim or not trim? I'd been trying the not trim option and hadn't cut it since March. Had planned on a teeny trim a couple of weeks ago, but the hairdresser told me she needed to cut a lot more off than I wanted as it was all straggly at the ends.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

WTS. I cut my hair short, once, and regretted it immediately!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I rubbed behind my ear and streaked it down my jaw - forgot it was there (although I obviously remembered not to wash it off in the shower!). My hairdresser won't colour my hair without a patch test. Every single time, man.

I think a longer cut might be a compromise, choppy layers:

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I trimmed as usual. My hair grows (apprently) abnormally quickly - hairdressers are always amazed.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Mine was long, down to my waist nearly and i cut it all off into a bob, then spent 18 months growing it for the wedding. Its now just past my shouders and i've had it cut similarly to the style above. shorter layers, which i love as its more of a style now, but i can still tie it up!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I want my 'Frankie' back, but I am not the best person to ask about hair as I am growing mine and getting very annoyed. On the verge of a skinhead in fact.

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

Footlong, I'd go for the Hayley Williams style of I were you. Mine is similar to that and it's very easy to manage, takes about a minute to straighten it. My fringe is shorter than hers though and is swept right across. And it's also a bit shorter than in the picture, but not massively. Having it done on Friday, not been since October and I cannot wait!

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Oooo don't envy you that decision! I'm similar to you, always had short hair but been growing it the last 3 yrs, and its now mid back length. On the one hand, I love it as I can do so much with it and its still a novelty to have such long hair. But on the other hand, it occasionally gets so bloody annoying being surrounded by a mass of hair haha! Dunno if I'd have the balls to go from long to short in one hit though - Reckon the just below shoulder length is a good compromise to start with ? If you go above the shoulder then there's that annoying flicking off the shoulder thing to contend with when it grows.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. The size of the hiarball when I wash it now is just quite ?

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Wow, how long did it take you to grow it that long? I think it would have taken years for mine. I like the picture you posted so I'd go with that but by the sounds of it you'll have it cut even shorter in no time.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

18 months or so?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I grew mine for the wedding, it was waist length like yours.

After the wedding (July) I chopped 8 inches off so it was just below my shoulders, it is now already another 2 inches longer (I don't get my hair cut very often).

Am bored of it again now, but am also lazy in the mornings!!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Really long hair freaks me out.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is it your wife who is a hairdresser, does she cut your hair? I've always wondered about this, if someone's other half is hairdresser, do they do it!?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really long hair that the owner flicks over the back of a bus seat/train seat/lecture theatre chair, so it touches you, freaks me out. ?

Mine is always tucked in when someone is behind me.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I've just had my hair cut to just below shoulder length,the good thing is how much less time it takes to dry and straighten it. Agreed cb- ladies with really long hair creep me out.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is almost identical to the picture I have of my next hair do. I have another inch or so to go though yet!

I also feel mean but I want a new hairdresser, I like the girl that does mine but it's the same every bloody time. She cuts it so it naturally curls under and I am getting sick of it. No matter what pic I take in its still the same! I feel bad as I work with her sister but think I will just lie and say I got a voucher for another place and go somewhere else instead!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also think it suits so few people. Ooooh, tell you what scares me more though, old ladies with really long hair.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

When you say really long hair, do you mean down to the waist long?

I don't like hair that is that long and also long hair which is completely unstyled, as in just been left to grow and gone super wispy at the ends.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes, it's like they're trying to cling onto their youth, and failing. It's usually so ageing and a nice short style would look so much better.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the badger - the wispy ends are evil. It's only a matter of time before they come alive and strangle you or something.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is a lady at work with hair that when plaited it goes to the back of her knees...it must be floor length when down? How? Why? Its not like you can style it and have it any other way than in a plait so why bother? How on earth do you wash it? What about if you go swimming? What about boffing? So many questions.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

There's a Mum at school who has hair that goes down to her bum when plaited. She always has it plaited so I really don't see the point of having it so long if she keeps it scraped back the whole time.

My hair is shoulder length which is versatile and manageable, I can have it out without getting in the way or tie it back easily. I have a hairdressers appointment on Thursday and fancy something a bit different but I'm limited as I'm growing it for the wedding (16 months away).

Can we have before and after flashes FTLOMB?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I have really long hair..i never thought about it freaking people out before. I do try and keep it in good condition so hopefully it is not to horrible to look at!

I am at the stage where i wonder if it is ageing me. I always said i would cut it when it starts to go Grey but i am lucky enough that it has not yet so i keep putting it off.

I love the style you flashed FTLOMB and think it would really suit you.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your hair isnt that long Skybright? Not from what I remeber- Its not scary long anyways

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics