Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BertB
Beginner July 2013

Hair Extensions

BertB, 6 March, 2013 at 10:33 Posted on Planning 0 10

Can anybody reccomend me some please? I have been looking online at different brands but not sure which are best. My hair is quite fine so I want it mainly for thickening. Cost is not really an issue.

Thanks.

10 replies

Latest activity by Laura Ellen Photography, 9 March, 2013 at 09:03
  • PinkLady3
    Beginner September 2014
    PinkLady3 ·
    • Hide content

Are you wanting glue-in or clip-ins? If you want glue in extensions,DON'T DO IT!! x

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

Ha, no not glue in! Clip in ideally.

• PinkLady3
    Beginner September 2014
    PinkLady3 ·
    • Hide content

Is a hairdresser doing your hair on the day? If so, she might be able to recommend some.

Try Halo or Head Kandy? x

• B
    Beginner June 2014
    Babbo ·
    • Hide content

Cinderella Hair is fab looks natural and can be styled ;-)

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I saw head kandi online and they seemed to have good reviews. I looked at Laurens Way ones too, they seem to be quite good. Suppose I need to see them irl to see how they look.

• E
    Beginner June 2013
    elle2006 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I swear by foxy locks hair extensions, they are so soft and stay very secure in your hair and I have tried all different clip ins, glue ins, wigs etc..

Heres the link https://foxylocks.com/

Hope it helps xx

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Xtras, they were about £50 for the pre clipped ones. Like you I just wanted them to thicken my hair even though I was having an updo and they did the job.

• missloll89
    Beginner May 2015
    missloll89 ·
    • Hide content

Tatiana hair extensions in Manchester are amazing, they are pretty pricey and i don't know where your located but i would always recommend them

They use the micro ring technique and only use virgin hair ( you can choose the origin too , russian hair is generally the best quality hair but they will advise which matches your own hair textures etc anyway for the most natural look )

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies. I am in suffolk, close to Cambridge so Manchester may be a tad far! I have heard of the micro ring ones and they seem good. Best get tracking some down.

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sarald ·
    • Hide content

Hi ,

i have had probably every type of extensions!

These are only my personal opinions from my experiences!

Micro rings... Uncomfy and can be seen rather easily if your hair moves or is blown in the wind.

clip ins, a perfect quick solution but will limited your "style" ( angles etc) and clips can bug a bit too., make sure colour is 100% match or will,look v. bad.

bonded / fusion: if done correctly are THE best, I have the "Racoon" method which the hair is bonded (glued) in tailoring each bond (strand of extensions) to suit where it's being put.

For example smaller lightweight ones around the sides of the head where the hair is finer and more sensitive etc. also a huge plus to these is the colour match from the hairdresser will be spot on, there's nothing worse than mismatched extensions! They can be removed easily ( with a kind of acetone solution, it dissolves the bond ) after a few months and the hair reused ( if you get addicted like me! ) lol.

great lengths have loads of hype and the hair quality is fantastic, but the bond was too tough to get out , the extensionist struggled and these wrecked my hair ( just my experience) .

my racoons are going in 2 weeks before my wedding to allow them to 'settle' yes a few days of an uncomfy feeling when you lie on them, nothing too bad , but you'll get that with the rings too.

Id have these every time & I've had zero damage to m hair.

hope us helps , everyones experience will be different but after 15 years of extensions , these are mine xxx

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

Annabelle's Wigs is definitely worth a look...not just wigs http://www.annabelleswigs.co.uk/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics