Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

hair removal?? epilator??

2 of July of 2010 at 15:57 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

Has anyone used an epilator??

i've been getting waxed for years, but due to the recent relocation and sunny weather i have started shaving!! bad bad move! when hair grew in on my legs it used to be like baby hair and now its all spikey!!! totally horrible and i've not had this for years!!

not yet managed to find a decent beauticians so thinking about using an epilator?!?

has anyone used one? is it sore? it looks evil!!

xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by Zeeshan, 1 of September of 2023 at 07:57
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I've heard one or two stories about them, mostly negative. I use shaving gel and a razor im afraid..... or Veet...but then im blessed with non-hairy legs!

• little-miss.scatterbrain
    Beginner January 2009
    little-miss.scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

OUCH OUCH and OUCH again i bought the silk epil one last year, was total agony, my mum uses one though and says you get used to it. i tried it half a dozen times and it didnt get any better. i tried it with the ice pack they give you with it which didnt help but my friend has since told me to try moisturising first, im yet to build up the courage to do that. i would quite like to try the wet/dry one thought think i could prob handle it uder water.

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I love my epilator but i only use it on my legs under arm ooooo so pain full and it is not going any where ellse but it dosnt hurt on ur legs

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I use one and it does nip a bit but really not that bad after a few uses. I would say beware the ones with the ice pack though - I found the ice pack sorer to use than just the epi on its own! Also what someone else said about sticking to legs only, at least til you get used to it. It's a bit ouchy on the underarms and anywhere else frankly doesn't bear thinking about!

• H
    Beginner December 2010
    Hatster ·
    • Hide content

I used Veet on my wedding day! Big mistake. Did a patch test a few days before and all was fine. Did my underarms at 7am on the morning of the wedding and after less than 2 mins my skin started to burn. Immediately showered it off but skin was red raw, weeping and blistered. I was wearing a strapless dress with a lace bolero (luckily) and had hoped to take off the bolero for my first dance. However, it remained hot, inflamed and very very sore for days. Now, a month after the wedding, I still have dark blotches under my arms. Stick to a cloese shave is my advice!

• laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

I love love love my epilator! I would advise you to get your legs waxed first though, that way your hairs all grow back at different rates, where as if you shave, they all come back together, so your first epilating experience can be a bit painful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics