Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hair/Veil Advice Please

8 of February of 2013 at 09:57 Posted on Planning 0 13

My hair is only shoulder length so i'm a bit limited but this would be my ideal style:

Had a play the other day and this is what we came up with, what do you think? I get married June and it grows quick but it won't realistically do the bun:

sorry bad pic

I'm not sure about a veil. Where would you put it?

I had also bought this which i love but it's so heavy it squishes the style and look a bit odd.

Any suggetsions for something else?

Thanks

13 replies

Latest activity by SarahW73, 8 of February of 2013 at 13:15
  • Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Wow you've done a great job, it looks lovely. My hair was a sort of messy updo and i just had my veil sitting on top of it which you could easily do with yours. Have attached a picture to show you how mine was.

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I think a veil on top like in Pinky's picture would finish it off perfectly.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Wow your dress is gorgeous, I very nearly went for one like that!

No it didn't mess my hair up at all taking the veil out at all, as long as you don't faff about with it. I personally would go for a full cathedral length veil that's scattered with a few diamante's to match the skirt on your dress.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's over the top and didn't feel over the top whilst wearing mine. I think if you're going to wear a veil you may as well make it full length, you want something lovely to compliment your dress. I wore mine all day but took it off in the evening.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have written a little about veils on my website with some pictures - please have a look and see if anything helps .CLICK HERE

I have seen 100s of veils go in and a lot of the time unless you have your hairdresser do it people tend to just push the comb in from the top to the back.And then as soon as your OH grabs you it pulls out.

whereas unless you are using lots of grips on a flatter hair stile. The correct way to put it in is to start with the comb upside down (with the curve up)and teeth forward and from the back to the front push in to the hair and then flip over and push back. This locks it in. Always give it a tug -not just a gentle lady one but like a clumsy bloke would, make sure it is in ok.

One thing I have learnt is that if it doesn't hurt going in then it isnt in properly.

P.S --- I don't mean to tell you all how to "suck eggs"

• T
    Beginner October 2013
    trace83uk ·
    • Hide content

The hairstyle looks lovely, so does the dress. Go for whichever veil you LOVE the most, don't worry about the size of the wedding.

• T
    Beginner October 2013
    trace83uk ·
    • Hide content

The hairstyle looks lovely, test out some veils with the hair and see how you feel. Go with what feels comfortable. The long cathedral veil does look stunning, if you love it go for it, don't worry about the size of the wedding.

• T
    Beginner October 2013
    trace83uk ·
    • Hide content

The hairstyle looks lovely, test out some veils with the hair and see how you feel. Go with what feels comfortable. The long cathedral veil does look stunning, if you love it go for it, don't worry about the size of the wedding.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Wow your hair looks great hun, better than the pic you based it on!

I can't see the pic of what's heavy & squishes the style.

A long veil would finish off the look nicely, it's a gorgeous dress x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics