Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2022 Kent

Has anyone had their dogs at their wedding? we would love to have our 2 cockapoo at the ceremony.

Chanelle, 12 of January of 2022 at 15:39 Posted on Planning 0 5

Has anyone had their dogs at their wedding? we would love to have our 2 cockapoo at the ceremony.

5 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 14 of January of 2022 at 11:56
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

There was a post about this last year - here it is https://forums.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/thread/dogs-at-wedding-1071220/

Has anyone had their dogs at their wedding? we would love to have our 2 cockapoo at the ceremony. 1

• Amber
    Savvy November 2022 West Yorkshire
    Amber ·
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on your venue but lots of places do it Smiley smile our friends had their dog as the ring boy it was adorable.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Our friends did, they were impeccably behaved and was a really nice way to include their babies! They did hire in a pet sitter to ensure they were fed, watered and walked and they took them home and stayed with them overnight as they didn't want to put that on a guest, but if you have someone who will be willing to be in charge of them for the day and take them back then it is doable, just check with your venue. Good Luck!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

The way I see it mostly is that someone is looking after the dog at home and then they bring the dog to visit after the ceremony during the drinks and photos, they stay for some photos and then go again. I have seen some as a ring barer but they too only stay for some photos after. I have never seen one attend all day.

Has anyone had their dogs at their wedding? we would love to have our 2 cockapoo at the ceremony. 2

Has anyone had their dogs at their wedding? we would love to have our 2 cockapoo at the ceremony. 3

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

We're planning on having our dog and my family dog! Our venue is dog friendly and we're hoping to be outside most of the day. Also my parents are staying in a self catering lodge on the venue's grounds, so they or someone else could easily pop the dogs back there if needed which helps take some of the pressure off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics