Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2012

has anyone stopped smoking using champix?

sammi23, 17 of April of 2012 at 19:20 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

As above really started my first trail pack on easter monday, stopped yesterday felt fine no craving etc etc just getting out of the habit!

Been speaking to a few mums at school who have had an experience and each and everyone of them has started again afetr the 12 week course of tblets?!

has anyone out there got a positive story!? google seems full of horror stories just need to hear 1 good one to keep me posiitive and help me stop!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 17 of April of 2012 at 23:02
  • L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

OH managed to quit for 6 months on it, but then started again although to be fair I think that this was (in part) due to the fact that I was still smoking so he couldn't quite escape it (even though I was very good at not smoking around him).

I'm 2.5 months smoke free now, and have done it with nicotine replacement in various forms. Am finding the last couple of weeks very hard though :-( Apparently 3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months are the hardest times so makes sense. But I'm holding on in there! I don't think any method of quitting will be easy, but think the most important thing is really wanting to do it.

Good luck with it!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

WSS im doing that now ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I always think Champix sounds like a brand of dog food ?

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

My Mum used Champix and was smoke free for a good 2 years.. Until her best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer and the stress made her start again, although nowhere near as much as she used to.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I stopped for a year then started again

Now going cold turkey 2 weeks in and still slightly psychotic and craving like mad but this will pass eventually

ETA Be careful with champix I had 90% of the side effects, I was very very ill on it and bar a breakdown or death I dont think there was anything on the side effect list that I didnt get. I actually dialled 999 one night as I thought I was having a heart attack - nope, wasnt just champix being evil

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

My H was a 40+ a day smoker (roll ups). He quit by going completely cold turkey and has been smoke free since July. I am immensly proud of him and if he can do it anyone can. Good luck to all of you trying to ditch the cigs.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm 40 a day too, used to be 60 a day - just chewed through a pencil so might get lead poisoning before I manage to quit properly.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I quit on champix three years ago and haven't looked back. Since then whenever someone I know has mentioned wanting to quit I have recommended it, I now have two family members and three friends who have been smoke free for well over a year on it - I really believe in it. Well done for making the first move, stick with it and remember your reasons for wanting to quit.

OB - I used to share your opinion, and still do with regards to patches, gum, etc. I believe champix is different because there's no nicotine involved, so you're not feeding the addiction anymore, if that makes sense?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics