Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2025 Derbyshire

Has Davids bridal closed?

Molly, 18 of April of 2023 at 13:31 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6

Hi

I'm new to this forum Smiley smile

I was going to visit Davids Bridal in Birmingham at the weekend but when I googled them there were some articles that came up saying they have just gone into administration in the US and UK. Literally in the last day or so. Not sure how I feel about buying my dress there now. Has anyone else heard anything? Hope they can still deliver dresses that have been ordered. x

6 replies

Latest activity by Dee, 7 of August of 2023 at 12:34
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If they are in administration they technically can still trade as not yet liquidated, BUT i would steer well clear as there is a long time between ordering and then getting your dress, and it is likely they will go bust by then

• S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

One thing I will say is that lead times for DB dresses are a lot less than most places - my dress arrived within 8 weeks. However, if they are going into administration it just might not be worth the stress of wondering.

It’ll be a huge shame if they do close - I had the most brilliant experience with them!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    So shocked it's got to the point of closing hope all brides that have dresses ordered can still get them x
  • R
    Beginner April 2024 Lancashire
    Rab ·
    • Hide content
    I would avoid! Years ago my sister got her dress from a local store who took her order right until the lastmin before they went into liquidation. It angers me that they did it even though they knew what was going to happen. Luckily she got her money back and was able to sort her dress out with another store.

I'm visiting this store in Bolton if you're local. They've got a "make any offer" sale tomorrow. I'll add the link on here.https://www.instagram.com/p/crf-h7ti4h5/?igshid=ymmymta2m2y=
  • R
    Beginner April 2024 Lancashire
    Rab ·
    • Hide content

Sorry don't know if the link worked. They're called 'BRIDHA'

• D
    East Central London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Molly,

I actually work at the Stratford location which is still open until the end of this month.

David's Bridal has gone into administration. They are selling off the peg at the moment but if you order online from the US website, orders are still being fulfilled.

I hope this helps xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics