Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner June 2024 Surrey

Help!

Beth, 28 of July of 2022 at 15:54 Posted on Planning 0 9
Where does one even start with planning a wedding! I've been engaged for 2 years and thinking of getting married in 2024 but I'm stuck. I have an image in my head of what I want but other then that I'm stuck.

Everything I start looking I get overwhelmed with the decisions and options.

9 replies

Latest activity by Alison, 31 of July of 2022 at 08:57
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    If you know what you both want, I’d say start looking at venues first ( church or civil ceremony then go from there!) once you’ve started looking into venues, potentially putting down a deposit, you can look into dresses etc but I found that a wedding planner book helped me figure out when to start with what, my sister bought me one. You can get them on Amazon or Etsy!
  • Nicole&Stuart
    Beginner September 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Nicole&Stuart ·
    • Hide content

Start with finding the right venue then go from there. Once you get proposals from venues then you will have a better idea of a realistic budget and then go from there

• H
    Savvy October 2022 Essex
    Helen ·
    • Hide content
    We started by writing a guest list, to get an idea of numbers so that we knew how many people a venue would need to accommodate. We then looked at lots of venues online to get a good idea of what we wanted, and viewed 5 in person. Once you’ve got a venue and date, the rest starts coming together.
    Good luck, have fun planning!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    It is hard when planning but best is venue first what kind do you want and how many guests yoo will have will help with your venue search also x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    But remember your budget also that will help you when looking for your venues x💗
  • B
    Beginner June 2024 Surrey
    Beth ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone! I'm venue searching at the moment. Just trying to find somewhere in budget 😌
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    It is hard hun you will get there. At long ax you know your budget and what type of venue it will happen here if you need help x💗
  • S
    Beginner June 2024 West Yorkshire
    Sherralee ·
    • Hide content
    Im getting married in 2024. I started with venue looking. Look around! X
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    Also getting married in 2024. We actually only went to see one venue but that’s because I did a lot of research online first and the viewing was really just to confirm that the venue was the one that we wanted (and they wouldn’t let us book without going along).

I started with ballpark budget and guest list and then ruled out things we knew we didn’t want:-we knew we didn’t want a church because neither of us are religious-we knew we didn’t want a big stately home because it’s not really our “style”
    Narrowed it down to about three potential options and the one we have landed on was favourite on paper so that’s the one we went to go and view!
    Good luck! My 2024 wedding feels ages away but people keep assuring me it will come around quickly 🤪

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics