Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sparkley
Beginner September 2007

Help, I broke my boyfriend penis (tmi obv)!

Sparkley, 15 of September of 2008 at 14:47 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 20

God, how awful, I need some help.

I had a copper coil fitted 4 years ago. It's small so suitable for women who haven't had children. I love it as I have lighter periods and it contains no hormones. I don't want uneccessary hormones in me.

I have had no problems with it, until I started seeing my boyfriend. He can feel it and it causes him great pain. On Friday night, we were having sex. We were rather vigorous ? and all of a sudden he screamed. I stabbed him with my coil ? he was in huge amounts of pain and there was blood on the end of his penis.

He's now too scared to have sex with me ?

I obviously need to change this coil. What other contraception is out there that doesn't contain hormones?

Is the persona still around? Condoms are a no-no as I hate them. What about the cap? Or is that really old?

If I am being reeeeeally honest, we have discussed using the fingers crossed method. We have even discussed having a child together ? but I think after 4 months it's a bit soon ? I am not a stoopid!

I know I need to make an appointment with family planning, but was wondering if you had any ideas?

PS Please don't laugh you gits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 replies

Latest activity by Faruk, 23 of December of 2021 at 18:55
  • jaz
    Beginner
    jaz ·
    • Hide content

Sorry but ? at the "fingers crossed method" I think you need to keep something else crossed ?

I think persona could be a bit risky if a child is a complete and utter no no.

• R-A
    Beginner July 2008
    R-A ·
    • Hide content

I'm just about to go and do a FP clinic so don't have time to do a long reply - but for info on all the types of contraceptive, the best place to start is https://www.fpa.org.uk/information/leaflets

Caps/diaphragms are still around and FP clinics can size one for you.

Also stuff on the FPA website if you want to do 'natural' contraception, how to do it properly.

As an aside, and not to start an argument, I'm interested by your aversion to 'hormones' though - I kind of understand the instinct, but the the hormones in contraceptives are the same as you have in your body anyway, in different amounts.....

• Knownowt
    Knownowt ·
    • Hide content

Oof.

Cap/diaphragm is one possibility- they are very easy to use and hormone-free. Negatives are that they aren't very reliable compared to other forms of contraception and they detract from spontaneity a bit- although you can put it in a couple of hours in advance you do need to say to yourself "I might have a shag later", IYSWIM.

• S
    Beginner November 2006
    Sunny Day ·
    • Hide content

I'd get an appointment at the family planning clinic to get your coil checked. if its the wires that are poking him they should be able to cut them shorter so he cant feel them!

• P
    Beginner May 2005
    Pint&APie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

G&T quite like hers, but unfortunately I didn't - I could feel the ridge around the circumference, and not in a good way.

Femidom ? ?

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

The reason I am anti hormones is the fact I don't want to trick my body in anyway, I like everything to be natural. I feel the same way about tampons and sanitary pads, I don't want anything unatural in me.

I used to chart when I was with my ex H as we discussed having children and I wanted to know when I was fertile. You're only actually fertile about 2 days per month aren't you?

I won't take uneccessary risks but maybe the cap/diaphragm is the way to go.

Thanks for your responses.

Will my boyf's penis heal? He's away the next few days, so he doesn't need to use it ? but it was a bit scary. Poor boy ☹️ I offered to put savlon on it!!

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

Oooooh really! That would be great.

I will phone them ?

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooooh really! That would be great.

I will phone them ?

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not seen them for years - do they still do them?

They always sounded horrid!!

• P
    Beginner May 2005
    Pint&APie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

G&T broke mine a few years ago, and I mean blood everywhere. I wouldn't let her near me for weeks.

Tell him to keep an eye out for gangrene.

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? Jeeeeezuss! How did she break it????

Gangrene? He can't get that can he?

• P
    Beginner May 2005
    Pint&APie ·
    • Hide content

Chances are it will fall off. Sorry.

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Torn frenulum ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did it grow back?

It won't fall off - I am not falling for that ?

• P
    Beginner May 2005
    Pint&APie ·
    • Hide content

Clever girl Sparks - you're getting there.

• J
    Beginner May 2003
    Janna ·
    • Hide content

I'll just get this bit out of the way.... ???

Okay... Sparks, you may not need to get rid of the coil. He can't feel the actual coil, he can feel the two fine wire threads which hang out of the cervix and allow the doctor to remove it when the time comes. These threads *should* wrap around your cervix so that they don't hang down at all. It sounds as though perhaps yours haven't done that or they've not been cut short enough.

My H had some complaints when I first had my Merina fitted, but I went back and had the threads made shorter and the doctor curled them up so they were less intrusive. It worked a treat for us.

• Clairy
    Beginner October 2003
    Clairy ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, not sure whether this is helpful ?

H and I use the fingers crossed method ? TBH we used Persona for a long while and it worked brilliantly. Then we started using condoms (or .. erm.. non invasive sex) between days 10 and the day after I ovulate - which is usually day 15. We've been doing this for 4 years and have not had any slippages (apart from planned pregnancies)

That said, I have a very regular cycle, I have distinct ovulation pain so I know when I've ovulated and I'm in a relationship where, if I did get pregnant, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Natural contraception can work and be highly convenient, but only you can know whether the risk is acceptable.

I'd also like to add that I have never broken my H's penis - I must be boring in bed ?

• JK
    Beginner February 2007
    JK ·
    • Hide content

I scan people all the time. Your uterus is likely to be be in the region of 90mm long, including the cervix. The coil should sit at the upper end of the endometrial cavity. There's no way a correctly sited coil should be injuring anyone's penis. It's almost certainly the threads. I used to be able to feel mine when I sat on the loo - not good - so had them trimmed. Much better.

I'm understand the not wanting hormones pumped into you thing; I'm about to have my Mirena removed. That said, you don't want anything alien inside you, but you've got a copper coil in your womb? ? Bless you, I don't get that at all.

One last thing. I see a lot of people who are 'sure' when they ovulate, or who have been withdrawing, or have been crossing their fingers. Pregnant people <raises one eyebrow>.Take care, m'kay?

• H
    Hickory ·
    • Hide content

My friend had to have the wires trimmed too and it made hers feel much better (to her anyway - i wouldn't actually know how it felt!)

I have also snapped a frenulum too. Not right off but 'torn' slightly. it still makes me feel sick so i can't imagine how the guy felt. He looked like he was going to pass out at the time though.

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

I don't mind having something alien in me, fnar, the coil doesn't seem alien to me, but having un-neccessary hormones does.

I know I am v strange!!!! ?

I really am so relieved, thanks all, even P&P for trying to wind me up ?

?

• Zebra
    Beginner
    Zebra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No! You're not, it's considered to a third of your cycle!

Fertility Awareness relies upon the following assumptions:

• An egg (ovum) can live inside a woman’s body for 12-24 hours. However, in calculating the fertile time we use 48 hours in case more than one egg is released.
    • Sperm can live in a woman’s body up to 5 days after intercourse, though more often 2 days. Pregnancy is most likely if intercourse occurs anywhere from 3 days before ovulation until 2-3 days after ovulation.
    • Since the exact time of ovulation cannot be predicted, we add 2 to 3 days to the beginning and end.

A woman’s fertile time (“unsafe days” if she wants to prevent pregnancy) is thus about one-third of her cycle.

From - https://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/fam.htm

I believe charting is effective if you do it strictly but it's a faff, waking up at the same time a day and grabbing a basal temp thermometer etc...

You could look at seeing whether the doctor can trim the wires on your coil...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics