Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Beginner November 2022 East Central London

Help me pick a dress!

Chloe, 26 of January of 2022 at 09:25 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 23
My wedding is in November and I'm struggling with choosing a dress! We're getting married in an old barn and I imagined something very whimsical and flowy, but also tried on the halter neck which is a very different look but I like that too. What do people think? First one needs a fair few alterations on the sleeve.

Help me pick a dress! 1

Help me pick a dress! 2

23 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 30 of January of 2022 at 20:26
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

They are both gorgeous! For your venue (and November, when you may appreciate sleeves) the first one wins for me! I also think that if the wedding you imagine in your head has you in a flowy dress then you're less likely to have second thoughts on if you stick with that vibe...

I haven't picked my dress yet (going shopping in two weeks!), but I often think when you're making a big outfit decision the one you find yourself staring at more and/or the one you were most reluctant to get changed out of is often a good way to figure out which one is really the one Smiley heart

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

The first one is nice but looks a little like it hangs from you and not sure the waist line is as flattering as the band on number 2, personally I think number 2 looks amazing on you and really shows off your figure,. You could always add a shrug for warmth if needed

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

They both look lovely on you, but I think the first one would fit in more with your venue and the style of wedding you are imagining.

• E
    Savvy April 2022 Essex
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    The first one is perfect for your wedding in an old barn in November time. I do agree the second one is more fitted and shows off your waist a bit more but you could always get the first alterated. You look amazing in both!
  • L
    Beginner September 2022 Oxfordshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content

Number two!! wow, it looks fab on you
    That would be my choice too but I've decided that a tea length dress will be more suitable as this is my second time around. If it was my first I would be all over that! Good luck deciding .

• Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

Both are stunning but dress number 2 just looks like it was made for you! It's so versatile and could work for any venue but will be amazing for your barn wedding.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    They are both amazing dresses but i know you said you wanted floaty for your barn wedding but i think number 2 looks amazing on you xx💗 good luck x
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Whilst I love the first one I think, as has been mentioned, November will be cold and if u wanted a shrug or something to cover shoulders and arms it would fit better over the second one and u do look amazing in it too. It accentuates ur lovely figure that bit more.
  • S
    Savvy July 2023 Essex
    Sian ·
    • Hide content
    I think number 2 with the halter neck looks better on your figure
  • Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

I love the first one on you! I think all this thread goes to show is that no matter which you pick you'll look amazing!

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much all for your lovely responses! Really appreciate the feedback Smiley heart

• Maxine
    Beginner December 2024 Kent
    Maxine ·
    • Hide content
    Both are beautiful but the second one looks like it was specially made for you 💜
  • Marcy
    Beginner February 2022 Middlesex
    Marcy ·
    • Hide content
    I choose number 1 for your venue and style. It’s a boho type dress whimsical and floaty. Team it up with a belt made to accentuate your waist.
    The second one is beautiful, particularly the top and belt bit. A fitted dress is what everyone chooses to accentuate their curves. Which one can you see yourself being in all day comfort wise. Both look comfortable but are you going to have it taken in so that it will be figure hugging?
  • Ella
    Beginner August 2023 Merseyside
    Ella ·
    • Hide content

Both stunning dresses - great choices & what a figure! Personally i'd go number 2 as it is so chic & I prefer a more fitted style, but I also agree with the feedback around sleeves for your venue. Luckily you look great in both!! Which will you feel more comfortable in & which do you think you'll love forever?xx

• A
    Savvy August 2022 Greater Manchester
    Anna ·
    • Hide content

Both dresses are lovely, but I would personally go for dress number 2.

Although I think its nice to have a vibe and everything match/fit with the venue, I think its more important about how you feel in the dress. I doubt anyone would say you wore a dress that didn't fit your venue. Also I think you would stand out more in the second dress.
    Go with your gut Smiley smile
  • Rosie
    Curious May 2023 Lothian & Borders
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

Number 2 looks amazing! When I went shopping I ended up choosing something that was the complete opposite of what I had in my head.. Smiley laugh

• Chloe
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content

Ok now I want to buy both dresses haha. Thanks all, really appreciate the lovely feedback!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hope you choose what feels right for you let us know how you get on good luck xx💗
  • Rachel
    Beginner September 2022 Norfolk
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    They both look beautiful but the first one is a winner for me x
  • L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Number 2 😍 It gives you a beautiful shape and looks like it was made for you. It will definitely stand the test of time in photos.
  • B
    Beginner January 2022 Durham
    Beckam65 ·
    • Hide content

It might be weird but I think I should give this idea. the idea is Vikings wedding dress and this style has a unique variety of wedding dresses. The floor-length dress, long sleeve square collar hooded, and vintage hooded dress are the exclusive articles.

• Shravani
    Beginner June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Shravani ·
    • Hide content

I personally I think number 2 looks amazing on you and really shows off your figure!! You look beautiful in it.

• Hayley
    Dedicated August 2024 East Sussex
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    The first one is amazing I do like the second one for you but if your getting married in november best one would be the first

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics